“Absolutely the Best Sushi and Sashimi anywhere!!!!”

Yama Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 56 Restaurants in Ventnor City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2017

What more can I say about this "must visit" awesome Japanese Restaurant in Ventor New Jersey.
The Owner (ken) puts his heart out on every dish he serves.
The fish is remarkably fresh and the variety is absolutely amazing
Sashimi is off the charts!!!! Try the sweet shrimp sashimi, absolutely delicious
The service can be a little slow but serving the absolute best of the best can take an extra minute or two, relax and enjoy some of the best sushi and sashimi on the planet!!!!
Tonight my wife and I started with the crispy soft shell crab appetizer...Wow!!!!!Soooo delicious!!!! Then we had the sashimi Dinner, Fresh Blue fin otoro (fricking incredible)
Salmon belly, hamachi, fresh fluke and sweet shrimp sashimi with flash fried shrimp heads that were was pulled from the ocean the day before we enjoyed it. They have a full sushi bar an awesome selection of gourmet cooked items, plenty of tables and good service with a New York vibe.
Yama Japanese restaurant in Ventor saves us the trip to Morimoto in Philly.
The portions are big and prices are in line, Great value and the food is amazingly fresh and professionally prepared.
We are so proud to have such a great Restaurant so close to A/C
Be Back here twice a week
Thanks to Ken and his entire staff for an always awesome job!!!!
5.0 star rating

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Yama is great. No question. Ever since Ken & Joyce started running this and renovated the inside a number of years ago the quality of the food and service have improved over time. Would definitely go there if in the area, special today was carmelized tuna appetizer which was really great. Seconds were some rolls but the fish is high quality and prices are very reasonable. BYOB of course and. Bring as much as you like.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Since I'm always craving sushi, I'm usually on the lookout for a good spot. YAMA was suggested to me on a recent trip to the Atlantic City area. My friends and I shared several dishes along with edamame, steamed dumplings, and fried veggie dumplings. The fish was buttery and delectable...we were not disappointed. There were several veggie sushi dishes that pleased the vegans among us. Definitely worth a trip back there. Very attentive wait staff. Lovely interior too.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

There are several Japanese restaurants in the Ventnor/Margate, NJ area. My wife and I have tried them all more than once and we find Yama to be the best overall. Their hot dishes are authentic Japanese creations and the sushi and sashimi are wonderful. Remember to bring your own beer/wine etc.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

We waited after being seated. 22 min later, I asked for menus. Then we ordered very nervous it would take forever to be served but it was maybe 20 min wait, not so bad. The food was good and plated somewhat nicely.