“Filthy hotel and crooked people who own it!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We had no choice but to stay here when a tornado hit the area and "most" of Vineland was without power. They charged us $190 for one night, wouldn't accept my AAA card and after leaving, we found out, we had been charged for 4 cats (which we don't own) and for another person. It was only my husband and I. The room was soooooo nasty. The curtain was falling from the sliding door and the balconies connect. The person staying next to us could have climbed onto our balcony and came right into our room. The AC would not get the room cool, we had 1 TV channel. No coffee pots, no clock, nothing! I contacted the manager and they were so ignorant and contradicted themselves over and over. This hotel is well known for prostitutes and drug activity. So anyone who wants to stay here, do so at your own risk!

Room Tip: Don't stay here "PERIOD."
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank hoosierladyus48

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Booked hotel without reading trip advisor, my mistake! Booked because they would take my 2 dogs as we were in the area for a dog show. Paid the additional pet fee X 2 for 2 nights. Very scary indeed. Was there with my 14 year old son, we were both scared, I slept in my clothes. Yelling outside at 12:30 at night, kept tv on so not to hear the cursing. Agreed with previous poster of the shady characters out in the parking lots, that you don't want to meet in a dark alley. Packed up and didn't stay second booked night. Disgusting.......

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hahmood
Reviewed 18 August 2010

This place is definitely not as pretty as the pictures show. Although we stayed there without incident, there were many things that looked very suspicious and scary. I noticed the place was over run with white trash upon arriving. These type of people you dont want to meet in a dark alley. Upon checking in the only savior was the Indian at the front desk who was very nice. If I got a cold reception from him, I definitely wouldnt have stayed there. There also is alot of apparent gang activity in the area. I saw a written message in black magic marker on a door that warned for the crips gang to get of Vineland. I agree with the others that the hotel was very dirty and disgusting. I was afraid to put my feet on the floor. Other than that Im alive but go there at your own risk

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jpbadke77
Reviewed 30 October 2009

I really don't see what everyone's problem is. Over the course of 3 nights, 4 days i stayed in 2 rooms (our account expired in one, so we just started another) which had everything you would expect in a budget hotel. My bed was fine, the sheets, which smelled fine, changed daily. The cleaning staff was very pleasant and nice (the actual hotel staff were pretty rude but it's probably just a language barrier). The bathrooms were well stocked with a ton of towels, several different types of soaps, mini shampoos and lotions. Both rooms had great mini fridges with microwaves(which was awesome, our actual office didn't even have a microwave). The TV was fine, a nice selection of basic cable with a few premiums thrown in for good measure. The room had a nice desk and chair section which served for perfect mini conferences.

My only real complaint (other than the staff and the crappy continental breakfast) was the slow (but free) wireless. It was so bad that we just stole the wireless signal from the Days Inn across the street.

Don't come expecting chocolate on your pillows, a health club etc etc. It's a very good basic motel, they try their best on a limited budget and it's totally worth $49.99 a night.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Paid 150!! No rooms w/i 50 miles! Smells! No dead bolt!Put room table in front of door for security. Floor littered with ejaculation-got pics!!Used a full can of Lysol and still laid comforter on floor to walk! TV pic green! 4 channels! No phone! Exposed wires! Only 1 bulb. Lots of "local traffic" in parking lot. White sheets were clean, no bugs, shower ok after disinfectant spray. I travel often, business and pleasure, approximately 15-20 trips annually. This has, hands down, been the absolute worse!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank knottylocs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
1.9 km away
1.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland
2 km away
Ramada Vineland Millville Area

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!