“Advertised as pet friendly, but will not admit pets!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Vineland
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I spent a lot of time on the phone trying to book a pet-friendly hotel in the Millville, NJ, region. Rodeway Inn in Vineland was purported to be the only such hotel so I booked a room, confirming its pet-friendly status. When I arrived, the first thing I saw was a large handwritten sign taped to the bulletproof window (take note) declaring "NO PETS." As I had decided at the last minute not to bring my dog, I decided to keep the reservation, but warn potential visitors that "pet-friendly," in this case, doesn't mean you can bring your pets. And I'm not sure why: the hotel is not in great shape. Worse than that, the neighborhood is very sketchy and there is no deadbolt or chain on the door to the room, which in my case was right on the street!

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the first floor--it's right on the street and does not feel safe at all.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

I showed up at the hotel around 10 pm after driving nine hours so just wanted somewhere to relax and snooze. The guy at the window was shaggy looking and smelled like he hasn't showered in years. We got room 210 went in and it looked like a hooker house. Ceiling was falling down, smelled horrible and carpets were stained. I didn't want to stay because I felt nasty just standing there. Went down and asked for a refund and explained everything to him and he said he refused to give our money back. But he gave us a new room. Room 220 was just as nasty
I left without the refund and went across the street. Don't waste your time here, There was a few guys that looked suspicious walking around the motel over and over again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank natalie200902
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Check in staff was rude and didn't appear to know what he was doing. We were not aloud in the lobby, only had a small entry way to be in. He was argumentative. There were socks found in the room which appeared not to be clean. The bathroom had mold on the bath tub. Returned later that evening to ask for a wash cloth, gentleman stated that we could not get anything after 6 pm and had to return after 9 am and was extremely rude about it. Was never told about breakfast and was not offered it. Worse experience I've ever had

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here after being displaced. Mr. and Mrs. Shaw (the owners) were extremely rude and when the check we had been waiting for for a couple of months arrived there, they posted "return to sender" and this has had a significant impact on our lives. Filthy place, filthy people. Drugs and prostitution...they should be shut down immediately.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I was overchaged for a total amount of $57.78 for rental at the Econo Lodge in Vineland, NJ. We had to evacuate where I lived because of "Sandy." We preregistered with Econo Lodge in Vineland, NJ and arrived prior to the storm with a rate of $45.00 (senior citizen rate) with $15,00 additional per dog. Since I had 2 dogs my daily rate should have been $75.00 per day. Two day total $150.00. According to their site there was a $15.00 tax and miscellaneous fee for 2 days so my total should have been $165.00. I was actually charged $186.28 - an overcharge of $21.28. We were forced to stay an additional day because of the storm and I was charged $126.50 - which was clearly an overcharge of $36.50 since the law clearly states that since Governor Christie declared New Jersey a Disaster Area hotels were not permitted by law to raise the rental rates for someone who had to extend their stay. I did question the Manager about the rate and was told they felt they were within their rights to raise the rates because of the storm and their were no rooms for people plus that other hotels in the area were doing the same. I explained the law as it pertains to an area being declared a Disaster Area but she told me that wasn't true.. She explaiend that they charged 15% tax and miscellaneous expenses. I told he her site clearly showed a $15.00 fee and not a percentage. It clearly didn't matter to her. It is grossly unfair for people to take advantage of others when a disaster strikes. This is a poor way of doing business and I recommend that people rent any place other than Econo Lodge. I am making a formal Consumer Complaint with the State of New Jersey against Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: Be prepared for disasters/storms. Research where you can stay and get rates and charges in writing...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vineland
0.4 km away
2.0 km away
Ramada Vineland Millville Area
1.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Vineland

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!