“Excellent food - wonderful owners”
Review of A Little Cafe

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have eaten here many times and never had less than an excellent meal. The most amazing, however, happened a number of years ago when I met a group of friends there for lunch. (I believe they no longer serve lunch.) We arrived for our 12:30 reservation to find an empty parking lot and the owner at the door waiting to greet us with disappointing news. The parking lot was scheduled to be paved that day - unbeknownst to her at the time we made the reservation. She was so apologetic, she offered us a free lunch for all 5 of us at another time. We showed up again the following month on a newly paved parking lot, expecting limited offers on our "free lunch." As it turned out they cheerfully allowed us to order anything on the menu including specials, all courses we wanted and dessert! Of course we didn't order all that was available, but were delighted by the generous offer. Who said there was no such thing as a free lunch! It indeed was. We were saddened to learn that they no longer offer lunch as we would have returned often as paying customers. We do have dinner there, though, with their very creative prix fixe-style menu. I have told our story to many people which just shows that not only good food, but great customer good will can go a long way.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I were looking for somewhere to go that was quaint and a BYOB. We were so pleasantly surprised and this is our new "Spot". Great food and owner is awesome!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I will come back again.The owner was very nice and it was very apparent she wanted to ensure our dining experience was pleasurable. She made a point to come out from cooking to describe the specials and talk about the new menu. Each dish served was as flavorful as the last one. Enjoyed the fried calamari appetizer. The seafood ravioli was over the top delicious. The filet as tender and flavorful.

The restaurant was quaint and romantic. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. This was our third time and will continue to come back!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

A little cafe is our family's favorite restaurant in the south jersey area! When you walk in you are greated with warm fried tomatoes on a bead of pesto and a warm bread basket accompanied with a plate of oil and roaster garlic for dipping! The spicy calamari is a great appetizer. We traveled around Italy this Christmas for a month and we have yet to find calamari this good. Last night I had the Lemon Salmon. The fish is ALWAYS cooked to PERFECTION. If you have not eaten at
A Little Cafe yet, it is a MUST!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The evening specials give you the opportunity of trying something different. I would recommend ordering outside your comfort zone, you won't be disappointed.
The dishes on the entree menu offer a variety of options, all having wonderful flavors.
Desserts - what can I say other than save a little room.
The space is small and decorated nicely. If you are looking for good food, this is your place. If you are looking for an intamate dinning experience, you might want to go elsewhere.