“Good guacamole”

El Mariachi San Lucas
Ranked #12 of 112 Restaurants in Voorhees
Reviewed 9 July 2015

The menu is not typical of Mexican restaurants in the northeast but had interesting and tasty-sounding descriptions. I ended up going with enchiladas and we ordered guacamole as an app. The guac was fantastic. Honestly, I would come back here just for that. The entree was enormous (too big really). The flavors were very good. I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a good Mexican meal.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

I wanted to dine at a Mexican Restaurant which served creative cuisines in lieu of the basic and typical entrees. I was pleased to find that El Mariachi San Lucas . Every dish ordered was delicious. The quesadillas were creative and included pumpkin blossoms, mushrooms, and corn. The salads included radish and cactus. The enchiladas and mole poblano included a creamy corn sauce. The restaurant also offered unique beverages such as Hibiscus Flower juice and Horchata rice drink with cinnamon sugar and milk. Both were delicious. The waiter gave us the opportunity to taste them first as well as the various sauces. The mole sauce was tasty. Aside from the food, the atmosphere is welcoming, and the service is friendly. I have dined at El Mariachi San Lucas multiple times and have enjoyed it each time.

2  Thank petlad
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Second time at this wonderful little restaurant. The team treats everyone like friends and the food is simply the best authentic Mexican food I've had outside of Mexico. The pork chop with apple glaze, the Molcajete and the salmon are standouts, but honestly, every item we tried was just wonderful. If you are someone who wants to patronize those unique places that give you a taste of the world, made with great care and pride, then mark this one down in your short list of places to go and to recommend to your friends. They deserve to have a long, happy run as one of South Jersey's truly unique eateries.

4  Thank caferrigno
Reviewed 26 October 2014

The restaurant offers tasty and authentic Mexican food. The meal had many layers of good taste. The presentation of the dishes showed care by the cooking staff.
I had the burrito with chorizo. The other dishes we had were tacos with chorizo and steak burrito. They used ingredients that were fresh. The tortillas felt homemade.
The wait staff was friendly. I would recommend this food establishment.

2  Thank Luis M
Reviewed 30 April 2014

When we saw that The Little Cafe had become El Mariachi, we thought we might give it a try. When I was nearby, I looked at the menu, and although Mexican food is not generally a cuisine that our diet will allow us to eat, there were two fish dishes on the menu.

The restaurant is nicely decorated. Service was friendly. The outdoor seating will be nice in the warmer weather.

However, we didn't think that much of the food. First up were some chips with three different sauces for dipping. We then continued with a $9.95 crab appetizer that was nicely presented in a cocktail glass. However, the lime juice went to the bottom, so most of the taste was in the lettuce, not the crab. We thought the chips were greasy.

My husband's entree was the best thing about the meal. His salmon with a lime sauce was cooked well and was a decent sized portion. The accompanying mashed potatoes were definitely creamy and flavorful, but not a low calorie choice. We both thought the julienned vegetables were good.

However, the real problem was my tilapia entree. The menu said pan-seared. Ok, so if I think about it, tilapia really isn't something that would stand up to pan-searing. What I got was fried fish with a crust in some places Even the server kept using the word "fried." But that is not what the menu said, and I did ask when I ordered. Definitely there was a language communication problem. To be fair, they did take my entree off the bill saying that next time I could try something else. But since there is nothing else on the menu to choose, we asked that she put my entree back on the bill.

With entrees approaching $20 that included only two sides, and a $9.95 appetizer, El Mariachi was a pricey dinner. There are other less expensive options, but they are not foods we can order. We wish them well.

2  Thank GreenUnicorn

Been to El Mariachi San Lucas? Share your experiences!