“Lots of problems. VERY DISAPPOINTING stay”

Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Reviewed 29 February 2016

The hotel failed us in a number of different ways: ((C) is the worst)

A) The room had numerous issues:
1) No hairdryer for my wife
2) The heat/thermostat in the room wasn't working well - either unbearably hot or freezing cold
3) There was a dried out half a soap bar baked into the sink counter. It had clearly not been cleaned in a long time.
4) The panel on the shower that tells you which direction is hot/cold was also broken and came right off the wall.
5) The bed and pillows were very uncomfortably. Instead of a night of rest after a wedding we attended in the area, my wife and I woke up feeling sore and still tired.

B) The walls in this hotel must be VERY thin. We could hear our neighbors talking loudly and opening/closing doors all morning when we were trying to rest. As a resident physician, the few weekends I have off are a rare opportunity to actually get some sleep, and instead, I was woken by ambient noise constantly.

C) I called the front desk before going to sleep on Saturday night to confirm the checkout time and was told 12 noon. Sunday morning, Housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:55. We indicated that we were still inside the room. However, they CAME BACK again and knocked on the door to try and get us to leave. The housekeeper even had the gall to LIE about the checkout time and say "checkout was at 11 o'clock". This is absolutely unacceptable behavior.

Last, and least offending,
D) The pool and the jacuzzi were out of order during our stay, which probably should have been mentioned on the website during reservations.

Even with a functioning pool and jacuzzi, there is NO WAY this hotel should be classified as a Category 6. For reference, this is the "same level" as the JW Marriott in Mumbai on Juhu Beach in India - a RESORT in a tropical country. Not even remotely close. I have no idea why Marriott thinks people ought to spend 30,000 points per night for this awful experience.

I am not yet an executive, but based on this stay, I would strongly encourage my company to switch loyalties away from Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catsmart777
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Thank your for your candid review. I apologize for the issues you experienced. I trust you received the email response from my assistant for your call to our customer care enter. We strive to use every review, good or bad, to make the guest experience better. I apologize once more for the unsatisfactory stay.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Clean, spacious king size room. This hotel is an example of why we love Marriott. Consistently great! I highly recommend the healthy start oatmeal breakfast, as this hotel is not close to much food. It was more delicious than expected. Hotel pool was freezing and hot tub was lukewarm (90), my only complaint about this property. Exercise room was functional and up to date.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here, and I apologize that the pool and spa temps were not correct. Hopefully we will see you back at the Courtyard by Marriott Wall the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Accompanied my wife here for an overnight business trip. First room we had was on the 3rd floor, pretty nice. Had a King bed and comfortable little couch, all the rest of the 'standard stuff' in the room was fine, large desk/workspace, coffee maker, etc. Pretty nice sized bathroom. Went out for dinner shortly after checking in, came back to find our entire room smelled like marijuana smoke, even though the hotel has no rooms designated for smoking (of regular cigarettes, let alone pot). Not wanting her clothes to smell for her meeting the next day we went down to the front desk to see what could be done. We were told the front desk person had "stepped away" and to wait by another employee. We did, and so did another couple for a good 5-7 minutes. I get it, people have to step away sometimes, but why were we not helped by this other employee? Little things like that annoy you, you know?

She did return and apologized about the room, we were able to change rooms, new room was the same footprint as the other, and thankfully no smell. Mini-hassle to have to repack and move at like 11pm, but whatever.

Breakfast was good, they have an item called Morning Scrambler or something like that, it was eggs, hash browns, sausage and toast. A lot better than the usual breakfast fare in hotels, pleasant surprise.

Like I said, all in all a nice business type hotel. Pool is very small, and a few little things like the rust / having to ask for a towel every time since there were none in the pool room were mini-annoyances. Hot tub was nice. Not that it came into play considering the snow, but they do have a little outdoor area off the pool deck with tables and a gazebo. In the spring/summer I am sure that's a nice place to hang but again, it's February, not what we were there for.

Overall the staff of this place could use some polish: bags of trash were routinely left in the hallways for a few hours, right near the elevators. Lobby staff were talking among themselves loud enough to be heard discussing things you don't discuss at work, I'll leave it at that.

If you can get past those types of issues it's a very nice place to rest your head for a day or two if you are in the area for business.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thank you for your candid response. I am glad to hear overall you enjoyed our hotel, and thank you for bringing to my attention the items you found less than satisfactory. I will definitely bring these things up to my staff. I hope you would consider us again in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

On a week long business trip from Cognac in France.
Comfortable room, clean bed and towels, bathroom was ok also.
Found 2 nickels under my bed amongst the dust.... more vacuming needed. but lucky me.
nice staff generally, Breakfast bar needs some work !
The best thing about staying at the Courtyard Marriott Wall Township was meeting
NANCY!
Nancy was very helpful, informative and a great all round Jersey Girl .
Give that lady a pay rise!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Thank you so much for your response. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room, although I am embarrassed to hear about the state you found under the bed, with dust and the 2 nickels. I have shared your comments with both the housekeeping staff regarding this matter, as well as your comments regarding the Bistro with the food and beverage staff. Finally thank you for your comments regarding Nancy, she truly is a gem here at the Courtyard Wall. We hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed 23 December 2015

It's a very clean and well kept property. It's not a tall property, but it's set in a bit of a residential area and business park, so it's pretty quiet even though it's near the main road. The furniture is very modern and the service is nice. plenty of parking and the price is usually very competitive for the area.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Thank you so much for your lovely response! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotel and area, and hope you will return whenever your travels should bring you back to the Wall township area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall Township
10.4 km away
Empress Hotel
Empress Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park? Share your experiences!