Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

I have been staying here for business travel for the past 2 years. I am a Marriott rewards member and I have never been offered an upgrade on a room, but I have been behind people checking in that have been upgraded "just because they are rewards members".
The rooms are clean, but the hotel owners obviously don't maintain their fixtures well. Last time I was here, the plate that covers the faucet hole in the tile was sliding off exposing the inside wall to shower water, my toilette acted stopped up the entire 4 night stay, and this time I get stuck in a handicapped room that has essentially a bathroom sink, but zero counter and 2 of the lights that should be able to be turned on when you walk in the door are burned out!!! I asked for another room and was told they only had 5 left and we're all handicapped. I may be moving to a different hotel if it weren't for Nancy. She's the bartender that knows what I drink and hands me a beer as. I'm walking to my room knowing I'll be back down to pay for it. If it weren't for that, I would ditch this place.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction during your recent stays. Unfortunately, we do typically leave our handicapped rooms as last sell rooms, so late arrivals tend to have no other option. I would be more than happy to assign you to a standard room if you would like to reach me personally before your next arrival. Likewise, if we do have upgrades, I can upgrade you, based on your loyalty to our property and for being a valued Marriott Rewards member. I have taken the liberty of looking at some of your previous rooms, and I will be having our engineering team go in and rectify those issues you spoke of. Thank you for your kind words regarding Nancy. She really is a true asset to our company, and I will share your remarks regarding her performance with her. We do thank you for being a loyal Marriott member, and please feel free to reach me directly, should you have any further comments.
Jessica Velesz
(732)919-2780
jessica.velesz@marriott.com

Reviewed 18 March 2016

I stayed at this hotel three nights for business. At night, my co-workers and I went to the bar, and Nancy, the bartender, was lovely. Her service was outstanding, and to top it off she had a great personality, which made our stay worth-while. Next time I am in town for work, I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Thank you for your lovely review! We are very lucky to have such a service oriented associate such as Nancy. It is no wonder she has been here for so long! I will make sure to share your comments with her, and we look forward to seeing you back!

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

I recently found myself in this area for business. There are a couple of properties closer to where I need to be but I choose this property for the namesake AND the pool.
Lets start.
The pool is not available, there is a sign stating so on the glass. After looking at a couple of other reviews, this has been ongoing. In my business if I list a product or service and it cannot be provided, I remove it from my website until the situation is rectified.
This property did not. I think we call that false advertising.
Next, the breakfast meals listed on the board are not true and correct. They were either out of bananas or nuts for the oatmeal. Not a big deal to some but this is the breakfast meal I expect. Somebody in the kitchen, the manager, needs to think. If you are out of small items that are part of your service, solve the problem. The market down the street has both, so petty cash it....
Now, I read the "Go Board" at the property which clearly states the lunch schedule for Sunday. "Saturday-Sunday lunch 11AM to 6PM".
Perfect I could return and eat in the hotel whileI made phone calls. Wrong, the staff informed me the Go Board was wrong and the Bistro was not open until 5PM.
Lastly, in my room, wedged in the chair cushions, was a broken shot type glass. In one thought, I am glad the cleaning staff did not get cut when they should have discovered it while cleaning the room. On the other hand, I found it when I sat in the chair and out ot popped.
Somebody needs to sit down with this staff from management on down and explain how to address issues relating to customer service.
A smile and a warm hello from the friendly staff only goes so far.
The room was nice and there ia ample parking. The night bar and bistro staff work hard and I appreciate their effort.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry that we did not meet your (or our own) expectations during your visit. I can understand how disappointed you must have been to realize the pool was closed upon your arrival. Unfortunately we have had chemical issues with our pool for the last 2 weeks, so for the safety of our guests we must keep it closed until the issue is corrected. I have been working as diligently as possible to get it re-opened, and we have taken your suggestion and it is now posted on our website, (as of last Friday.) I apologize once again for the inconvenience. I have taken all of your comments and discussed with our department heads to make sure issues such as broken glass do not happen again. I would love the opportunity to better serve you, if you would give us a second chance. If you would be interested, please reach out to me personally and I am do everything in my power to make your stay a memorable one. Our apologies once again for your unsatisfactory stay.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

The hotel failed us in a number of different ways: ((C) is the worst)

A) The room had numerous issues:
1) No hairdryer for my wife
2) The heat/thermostat in the room wasn't working well - either unbearably hot or freezing cold
3) There was a dried out half a soap bar baked into the sink counter. It had clearly not been cleaned in a long time.
4) The panel on the shower that tells you which direction is hot/cold was also broken and came right off the wall.
5) The bed and pillows were very uncomfortably. Instead of a night of rest after a wedding we attended in the area, my wife and I woke up feeling sore and still tired.

B) The walls in this hotel must be VERY thin. We could hear our neighbors talking loudly and opening/closing doors all morning when we were trying to rest. As a resident physician, the few weekends I have off are a rare opportunity to actually get some sleep, and instead, I was woken by ambient noise constantly.

C) I called the front desk before going to sleep on Saturday night to confirm the checkout time and was told 12 noon. Sunday morning, Housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:55. We indicated that we were still inside the room. However, they CAME BACK again and knocked on the door to try and get us to leave. The housekeeper even had the gall to LIE about the checkout time and say "checkout was at 11 o'clock". This is absolutely unacceptable behavior.

Last, and least offending,
D) The pool and the jacuzzi were out of order during our stay, which probably should have been mentioned on the website during reservations.

Even with a functioning pool and jacuzzi, there is NO WAY this hotel should be classified as a Category 6. For reference, this is the "same level" as the JW Marriott in Mumbai on Juhu Beach in India - a RESORT in a tropical country. Not even remotely close. I have no idea why Marriott thinks people ought to spend 30,000 points per night for this awful experience.

I am not yet an executive, but based on this stay, I would strongly encourage my company to switch loyalties away from Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catsmart777
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Thank your for your candid review. I apologize for the issues you experienced. I trust you received the email response from my assistant for your call to our customer care enter. We strive to use every review, good or bad, to make the guest experience better. I apologize once more for the unsatisfactory stay.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Clean, spacious king size room. This hotel is an example of why we love Marriott. Consistently great! I highly recommend the healthy start oatmeal breakfast, as this hotel is not close to much food. It was more delicious than expected. Hotel pool was freezing and hot tub was lukewarm (90), my only complaint about this property. Exercise room was functional and up to date.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here, and I apologize that the pool and spa temps were not correct. Hopefully we will see you back at the Courtyard by Marriott Wall the next time you are in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall Township
8.3 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
9.4 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park? Share your experiences!