“UGH. NOISY NOISY NOISY and Sloppy Housekeeping”

Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Reviewed 8 June 2016

This property was the noisiest one I've stayed in for a long time. Not sure if it's a regional thing (I don't stay in Jersey often at all) but every night there were folks on either side of me that spoke so loudly I could hear every word clearly through the walls. The folks above me pounded the floorboards until late in the evening, and the road noise from trucks and motorcycles assaulted the senses at all times in the hotel. When it wasn't the aforementioned, it was people out front in the porte cochere talking and laughing loudly, wedding parties and general mayhem, babies crying, and/or people slamming doors and just generally being inconsiderate.

I am used to inconsiderate behavior, but not to this level (and like I said, it may be regional).

The housekeeping was kind of inconsistent, daily things were either not washed or replenished in the room. Between glasses, coffee, cups, towels...

Pick a room on the top floor, away from highway 33, and far from the elevator. You just might trap the shuteye I lost on this trip ;-)

Room Tip: Top floor, away from highway 33 and elevator
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Dan O, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Dear MsMMiler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear you were affected by noise during your stay. We do our best to advise guests returning from social events to be quiet in the guest room areas. Most heed our request. Again, I'm sorry that was not the case this time. We are disappointed to hear about housekeeping inconsistencies. Our team takes great pride in our hotel and usually receive good comments. I will share your housekeeping concerns with our team members to ensure we understand any failings and take corrective steps going forward. I'm certain we'll be sharper your next stay. Should your travels take you our way in future please reach out to me directly. I'll be happy to personally take your reservation and ensure a pleasant stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

We were here on business for 2 nights, Memorial Day weekend. It was tough to enjoy this beautiful place when the service was POOP. And I mean POOP!

Let me start by saying, the only friendly person we encountered was the front desk girl who checked us in. I wished I had remembered her name because she was very kind.

Christianna who was working late around 10pm on Friday evening (5/27) at the front desk was incredibly rude and unprofessional. My Fiance went downstairs to heat up our dinner and get me some cookies in the "market" per my request. I told him to charge it to the room and as he tried to do so, she accused him of not staying here since the room was checked in under my name and not his. She was very aggressive in the way she talked to him and was very unprofessional in how she handled the simple transaction. They went back and forth on "are you sure that's the name and room #?" "Yes, I'm sure" until after the 3rd time, she said, "ok, it went through." He walked a few steps away and she said "never mind, it didn't go through." Frustrated, he paid with card instead and walked back to the room upset and flustered. To make matters worse, she called the room a few minutes later questioning me and stating that my fiancé is not supposed to be in the room with me since I did mobile check in. UH, WHAT? She said" he's supposed to be put in a separate room" and had me double check with our organizer to see if there was a mix up. There was no mix up. It was mind boggling how she had this idea that mobile check in can kick someone out of a room that accommodates well over one person. I called her back and she immediately dropped the situation and hung up. No apologies for the inconvenience. Rude.

Saturday morning, I went downstairs around 10am to get breakfast at the bistro. Rosa at the register was extremely rude and kept cutting me off mid sentence while trying to place my order. They were out of a lot of the healthy food options by this time (I asked about oatmeal and fruit, all of which were immediately denied). It was just very uncomfortable and set me off for my morning.

What's disheartening about the rude and unprofessional service is that the hotel itself was absolutely wonderful. The rooms were clean and very spacious. We were put in a king bed room and there was a nice sofa (w/ ottoman) that pulls out to a small sofa bed. The decor and the layout was aesthetically pleasing. The bed was very comfy and there were ample outlets spread through out the room, many are built into the furniture and light fixtures. The wifi is fast and the fitness center was small but did the job. We really have no complaints about the room or the hotel itself. It was the service that turned us off and made us feel very unwelcome and uncomfortable. Do I recommend this hotel and would I stay here again? No and no.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dan O, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time providing feedback on your recent stay. While we strive to hold ourselves to high standards its clear we missed the mark. I do apologize. We'll be sure to share with our team to positively improve service skills all around. I'll also be sure to share your positive comments on our room and facility. Its nice to know the staff's hard work is appreciated. I know we are better and can do far better than this past experience. I look forward to the opportunity to show you the next time you're in the area. Contact me directly for future reservations.

Dan
Courtyard Marriott
Wall, NJ

Reviewed 25 May 2016

This place was very clean and well maintained. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. I was there for just one night for a wedding and it was a good choice by the bride and groom. The only down side was at check-in, with a wedding block booked there was only 1 employee at check-in causing quite a line...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Dan O, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Dear MissMD85,

Great to hear you found our Wall Courtyard Marriott, "very clean and well maintained". Our housekeepers & maintenance crew take pride in our hotel. Its nice to see their work recognized. Thanks for also advising us on your check in experience. We'll review your comments with the front office team to ensure staffing & preparation meets demand.
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Upon confirmation of our reservation we were thinking old the pool would be open. One of the nice ideas for us coming here. Now on Mother's Day we have a disappointed mom and toddler.

We just went down and it is closed. Great.

Also upon arrival our first room was completely dirty and we had to get changed to another room. All this happened with a 2 year old in tow.

Finally there was a large amount of preteen kids running around banging on doors last night. Had to call the desk 3 times. It never was solved.

So it looks like a nice place and clean l, staff was generally nice but misleading in saying that pool was open. Overall it was a bad experience, won't return.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Dan O, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Matthew C,

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your experience. I'm sorry to see we did not meet your expectations. I apologize on behalf of our team. We will share your comments with our staff to improve communication moving forward. I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel. The room was lovely, the beds are very comfortable. Everything was clean and as expected. The only downsides of this hotel is that there is no late night food. The little convenience store is ridiculously overpriced. Even more so than I anticipated. Also, we paid for the breakfast which is a great idea but terribly executed. Apparently you are supposed to get a voucher when you check in (we did not receive that). But they gave us the go ahead to just order at the Starbucks which serves as a cafe with simple foods like breakfast platters. We both got a platter and a drink which was valued at over 20 dollars. It was a good deal and the quality of food was surprisingly great. Overall, for the price and location I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Jessica V, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Thank you so much for your review! e are glad to see you returned for a second time and enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see much more of you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall Township
8.3 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
9.4 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park? Share your experiences!