“Food is very good”

Pooja
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 24 February 2016

The only issue was replenishing the buffet in a timely manner, and variety. They mainly had chicken and some lamb meatballs. Naan was plentiful. Many sauces and pickles. Nice spicy chili sauce available.

They don't go out of their way to offer drinks to people having buffet however, so ask if you want something.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

I have been to this restaurant several times over the past few years and the lunch buffet never disappoints. I went there again today and the selections were superb, including a deliciously spiced Lamb Kofta. It is rare to find lamb served in a lunch buffet, but Pooja Exotic Indian Cuisine in Warren seems to offer it quite often. The mango lassi is also one of the best in the central New Jersey area in my opinion. The wait staff is also very attentive in clearing the used plates and topping off drinks.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

My wife and I were introduced to Pooja by friends last year. Although we live eleven+ miles away, it is the only place we now go whenever we're in the mood for Indian food. It's a true gem, found in a small, suburban shopping mall. The decor is pleasing to the eye; the service is friendly, helpful, attentive and efficient; the food is literally among the very best food we've had dining in Indian restaurants in London, NYC and in Northern New Jersey. When my wife and I talked about a special place to celebrate her recent birthday, we immediately thought of Pooja. It turned out to be another memorable dining experience. Tip: Bring your own wine and/or beer and be sure you take all leftovers from their generous portions with you and even order additional dishes to take home. A day or few later, when flavors and memories start bouncing around on your palate, you'll be so happy you did. Pooja's food makes some of the best leftovers around and when reheated with love and care, IMHO it may even surpass its first go round.

1  Thank Bill&Judy
Reviewed 17 March 2015

We live in Berkeley Heights, NJ and even though there is a restaurant serving Indian food (I won’t mention it’s name) within walking distance from our house, we get in the car and drive the 10 miles to Pooja. Their décor outshines most NJ Indian restaurants, the service is excellent, and the food is by far the best in the area. Drive to Parsippany or Edison if you want equal or better. Always great food and a great experience.

2  Thank fleurdelis007
Reviewed 17 December 2014

We went to Pooja for the traditional India food at lunch time. The restaurant is very clean and people work there are very friendly. The food is very good. I think I ate too much again. Definitely will come again.

1  Thank AllanZ2000

Been to Pooja? Share your experiences!