“Food good, service good”
Review of Wayne Hills Diner

Wayne Hills Diner
Ranked #36 of 174 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We were actually on our way to eat somewhere else, but then we were driving up on Wayne Hills Diner and said let’s try this place out for the first time. It turned out to be a pretty good decision. Our appetizer, sandwich, and big salad arrived rather quick after we ordered. All of our food tasted very good and the service was efficient. The only negative was there was a really bad fish smell coming out of the kitchen right before our food arrived. Kinda turned us off. Luckily our food tasting good provided a distraction from the bad smell.

1  Thank HOCKPOOH

Reviewed 3 July 2017

On our way home from the Paterson, NJ cathedral we stopped here for lunch. A nice diner restaurant but nothing different from others. Service was good and fast. I enjoyed the Cesar salad very much. My fish had excess of butter, but tasty. They offer bar service, not very often in Diners.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Diner food is supposed to be consistent, affordable, plentiful and with several choices... The Wayne Hills Diner has hit on all of these items for decades!!! Friendly staff, Great food and a clean comfortable environment make this place a home away from home for us.

They also get extra credit for making themselves an inviting location for teens to come without giving them a hard time like other places.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

My stop was a last minute stop. I'm glad I did. The servicer was very friendly and fast. I ordered a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato. It was simple, but very good. Lots of cheese and the tomato slices were thick and juicy. I will be stopping here again to try breakfast and dinner.

1  Thank Frank T
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We ordered food for take out on Christmas eve at this diner. It has a small town atmosphere which makes up for the average food. Service was slow, the waitress competent, and the decor was okay. We ordered a fish dinner with Greek salad, fish and chips, and strawberry short cake. While waiting we ordered a mango smoothie and cheese burger to eat at the diner. The mango smoothie was fantastic. As far as diners go, it was just okay, nothing special.

Been to Wayne Hills Diner? Share your experiences!