“Hubby loved the Fried Seafood Combo with Crabcakes!”
Review of Oceanos

Oceanos
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in West Berlin
Reviewed 27 July 2015

It is a small place very casual, the service could be a bit better. The tomato sauce needs some work. I had chicken parmigiana I did get the sauce on the side thankfully as my experience says proceed with caution for Italian in a diner atmosphere. Hubby loved his fried seafood combo! I tried the Crabcakes yum! Next time I will order them. One of the best hints for cheap eats is looking for the white caps as I call them. Seniors know where the good deals are as they are looking for good food with a great price and not the party scene.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

What a deal! We went for a business dinner meeting and we decided to order from the two for $22.00 menu due to the wide variety of selections offered! The menu is offered Monday and Tuesday and includes Soup or Salad, and Dessert; Pudding or Ice Cream! We sampled the Pork Chops, Chicken Cacciatore, pasta with meat balls and the Greek Mousaka. All were great and at the price we were very impressed! The restaurant is in a big old house but is more like a diner in outputs and atmosphere. The waitress was a little scatterbrained, but overall we were ver pleased and recommend this place for a just above the diner stopping spot.

1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 7 October 2014

We passed Oceanos dozens of times, and never gave it thought. Bad us. It was mid day Sunday, and my wife was coming home from attending a church service for her mother. Neither of us had eaten and we were looking for a quick bite. Her route home was going to take her right by Oceanos (she had a 10% off coupon), so we agreed to meet there and try it out.

The restaurant was not what we had expected. Tall ceilings, open spaces, and general old feeling type restaurant. Homey and friendly. Though the menu as more like a NJ diner. My wife had one of the daily specials, roast leg of lamb, and said she would get it again. I had the Italian duo, lasagna and chicken parm with vegetables. While my dish was equally good, with such a varied menu, I can't wait to try something else the next time.

Our meal came with desert. My wife got a dish of vanilla ice cream while I got the chocolate putting. My chocolate pudding was the best diner/restaurant putting I have had to date.

2  Thank NSSBAYSIDE
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a very nice family restaurant. We went on a Saturday night and it was not too busy which surprised me because we heard great things about this place. You would think it would have been packed. I am not sure anyone knows about how great this place really is. The food came out pretty quick and was fresh and delicious!!! They have a very large variety from burgers and sandwiches to full seafood dinners. So prices are low to high. Everyone can find something great to eat there. The atmosphere was cozy and nice. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. She did mess up someone's dinner but got his correct plate very fast. All in all this is the best place I have eaten out at. We go out about once a month so we go to a lot of restaurants. This is the best!!!

2  Thank aspenpheonix
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This place is somewhat deceptive. It's outside appearance makes one think it will be more expensive than it is. We have a three course meal for two for $26, not counting tip. Specials are on Monday and Tuesday evening if you want to save a few dollars. The service was prompt and courteous; the food tasty with enough to take home for lunch. We'll go back again.

2  Thank NJ-Surfcrab