Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
HIExpress.com
US$110
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Lol.travel
US$94
Expedia.comUS$110
Hotels.comUS$110
FindHotelUS$110
All reviews front desk free breakfast the jersey shore monmouth mall we've stayed elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2021

I stayed here this past weekend for, thankfully, only one night. Upon check-in, we went upstairs to our room, which was right between the elevator and the stairwell. My husband went back downstairs to inquire about an alternate room in a quieter area, but was told they were fully booked. We decided to deal with it, as we were only staying for one night. Unfortunately, our troubles didn’t end here. When we walked into our room, we were hit with the most overwhelmingly strong scent of men’s cologne. It was so pungent and suffocating, I questioned whether a heavily cologned man was hiding in our room somewhere, or if the cleaning staff had just neglected this room after the previous guests. I’m going with the latter, as the cleanliness of the room left MUCH to be desired. The bathroom floor was stained in multiple locations (see photo). There was hair on the bathroom floor (I will spare you those photos), our shower didn't drain properly, and we were partially missing a set of towels. Perhaps the worse offense was my husband finding bits of food, what appeared to be a piece of lettuce and a bean, on the floor (see photo). We considered just giving up and driving home. Instead, we didn’t unpack anything and tried to touch the hotel surfaces as little as we could. We considered going back to the desk to demand a different room, but since they previously told us they were fully booked, we decided to just suck it up for the night - though we really did consider driving all the way back home just to avoid staying here. Between the awful odor of cologne and the sound of the stairwell and/or elevator door every few minutes, we barely slept. At best, this hotel stay is an experience we can laugh about as “the worst hotel stay we’ve ever had.” But, it leaves me with serious concerns about the sanitation and cleaning policies of the hotel, and the certainty that i will never be staying at a Holiday Inn or any related hotel in the future.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jenny Halat, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Long Branch - Eatontown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

We sincerely apologize this was your experience. We pride ourselves on cleanliness, and we're disappointed to hear your room was in the state that it was. Your comments were addressed with management and the staff to make sure this does not happen again.

Reviewed 17 June 2021

Pretty nice hotel. Clean and modern. Had plenty of lighting and plenty of usb ports. Had a keurig coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The negatives: on the small side, especially the bathroom. There was a small whole in one of the shades and there was no ice machine on our floor, and poor signage as to where the nearest one was. I had some minor trouble finding it, even after having to bother asking at the front desk.

Date of stay: May 2021
Julia Coppock, Marketing at Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Long Branch - Eatontown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Thank you for your constructive feedback and for being our guest. We will work hard to keep making improvements!

Reviewed 31 May 2021

So the room was small the bathroom was very small but everything was clean. We pick this hotel for two reason it had a pool and free breakfast. The pool was ok it was very cold but my daughter(7) didn't care she just wanted to swim. We ask at check in if there was breakfast we were told yes. I would of been nice to know it was not the full holiday inn breakfast we have come to enjoy in the past. They had nothing for my daughter no cereal or pancakes. My husband loves the cinnamon rolls but no pastries. They did have hot eggs with cheese, bacon, and sausage and hash brown. These items did not look good the eggs were over cooked and dry the has browns looked greasy so did the bacon. Over all I would not go back. One last item the elevator broke down right after we got there.

Date of stay: May 2021
Julia Coppock, Marketing at Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Long Branch - Eatontown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

We are so sorry that you were disappointed and our management will be reaching out to extend a personal apology. Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest.

Reviewed 11 April 2021

I waited 15 minutes at check in because the man at the front desk didn’t have any more key cards. Eventually he took me up to my room. That alone would t cause me to leave a bad review. I know things happen. But then the next morning, I had to take a COLD SHOWER. I waited so long and the water would just not get hot in the slightest. Bad time checking in, bad time checking out. And I’m an IHG member. Makes me question coming back to a holiday inn since I had a bad experience the last time too, just a few months ago.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Julia Coppock, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Long Branch - Eatontown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2021

We are so sorry about the negative experience. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance in the future. If you do, we'll do everything in our power to make it a wonderful stay. Thank you for your feedback and take care.

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

We checked in. The room is an average King bed room and was clean. First issue, no bath towels and coffee maker was broken. We called to complain, and the old coffee maker was replaced. Representative said the towels were being washed and would be available later. Three hours later, no towels.Called again and were given bath mats as towels. Completely unacceptable. The only comfortable thing were the pillows, the bed was too firm for me.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julia Coppock, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Long Branch - Eatontown, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2021

We are so sorry about this experience, and we agree that it was completely unacceptable. We will be discussing this with our staff and reaching out to you to extend a personal apology.