“Their cookies are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G”

Bovella's Italian Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Westfield
Reviewed 17 March 2015

It starts over a block away, this smell. As you draw nearer to the corner housing Bovella's the sweet odor of vanilla and chocolate and everything delectable about Bovella's infuses your senses. Every time I step into the shop, I need to steel myself from buying too much and eating too much. This is a bakery you go out of your way to enjoy. These are cookies your visiting relatives buy by the dozen to bring home. This is a bakery that maintains everything true and honest and great about traditional pastries and baked good. There is no questioning my love of this shop.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

As soon as we walked through the door the intoxicating smell of pastries and cakes made us feel good. We got a small table by the window so we could do some people watching. We ordered two decaf coffees and an assortment of pastries and cookies. The staff was very helpful and patient since we could not easily choose from the vast assortment of baked goods. The coffee was excellent for decaf and each pastry we tried was also excellent. My favorite was a flour less chocolate tart piled high with cream and berries. We also got a lobster tail which was excellent, a napoleon that was better the next day and some cookies that we still have not eaten yet. I thought the prices were very reasonable at just $16 for all we ordered.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

If you like "local" establishments, especially ones who are still focused on quality products, Bovella's is for you. Everything is incredibly fresh... just walk around the corner and down Prospect St about 30 feet and you'll get an amazing whiff of what's going on in the kitchen... they vent onto the sidewalk... brilliant, unintentional marketing!

Reviewed 1 February 2015

Cute little corner pastry shop for after dinner sweets and coffee. We got 4 coffees (which was very good) and a box of cookies for about $17. They have so many cookies that it was hard to choose...The chocolate meringue with hazelnuts was my favorite....(and I am a vanilla person)...highly recommended...Also had the cannoli filled treat and some basic Italian cookies. The place got busy quickly and have seating for about 20.... The staff was friendly

Reviewed 7 January 2015

Very and consistently high quality food, atmosphere and service--with high prices for NJ. Great that it has a cafe. Biscotti and rugelach are tops.