“Delicious lobster claws”

Carlo's Bakery Westfield
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Westfield
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

I love going to this pricy bakery. The pastries are arranged so beautifully that you want to try and buy everything. My favorites are the lobster claws filled with delicious vanilla cream and the strawberry chocolate mousse cake . I buy the cake when I am having a party and don't have time to make a dessert. I think it costs around $30.00. My guests have really enjoyed it. Sometimes they have samples which is great.

Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

I've visited Carlo's Bakery before and the quality and the flavor of their pastry it's amazing. My favorite is the lobster tail followed by the hazelnut cream puffs and hands down both are the best I have ever tried but unfortunately I don't think I'm gonna visit Carlo's as often as before. On my most recent visit I found out that lobster tails are not being sold in pounds as before now you have to purchase them for $4.50 each which I think it's way to much for only 1 when I used to get a pound for $12 (4-5 tails, even an employee of Carlo's told me that $4.50 it's very expensive for a single lobster tail). I can't really talk about their cakes or other than what I just said I like but I heard good things on pretty much everything so said that I do recommend Carlo's but just take a look at prices before you end up paying an overwhelming amount.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

After watching what we ate for several months and losing over 20 pounds, we decided we would allow ourselves a treat and get a high end cake from Carlos's bakery in Westfield. We sent them an image for the cake, chose the colors, the cake, the filling and ordered away. A few weeks later, when I picked up the cake, I realized I got what I paid for. It was an expensive cake but it was above and beyond. The cake was beautifully created and the image with artically recreated.

The one thing I will say is that they expect you to eat a ridiculous about of cake when they tell you how many individuals a 1" cake feeds. We were hoping to feed 10 to 15, we probably fed 25 ( I had to bring it to my office to get help eating it. (No one objected).

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I found out that there was a Carlos Bakery in Westfield, NJ which was closer to where I live and I had to visit it. The bakery is located in downtown Westfield right on Broad Street. Ample parking nearby and lots of other eateries around. Carlos Bakery was clean, lots of goodies to choose from and the staff was polite. I noticed the ticket holder or whatever you call it on the counter top, but there was no line at all so we didn't need to take one. My best friend and I walked right in and was greeted by Mr. Tassan. I inquired about purchasing a whole cake to go and he directed us to the glass case and gave us a description of each available cake. We purchased a Strawberry Shortcake, a mini cheesecake, sprinkle cookies for the kids and a few other items. As a few other customers came into the store after us, I noticed that each customer was greeted and informed that they'll be taken care of by whichever staff member was free at the time. No one waited more than 5 mins before ordering. There's seating area inside the bakery and displays of cakes above and in the glass cases as you enter the bakery. There's novelty items for sale and they do cake consultations there as well. I observed a female customer inquiring about it and placing an order. Thanks Mr. Tassan for making our first visit an enjoyable one!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Westfield has the famous Hoboken bakery, but without the line of people!

This was my first time to Carlo's. I tasted the daily sample and was ready to buy many different desserts. We wound up ordering just two - a napoleon and a dark chocolate mousse something.

They were great with tea.Pprobably just as great with coffee. Also, great alone. The reason I know that is because the chocolate mousse dessert was so gigantic, it took us two days to finish it, and it was delicious the second day.

After I run a few more miles and lose more calories, I will return!