“A great place to Chat and Chew”

Grabbe's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Westville
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I been there a number of times, for buainess, family, friend, and solo. The seafood is very good.
I have sent many to this restaurant for lunch and dinner. My siters and brothers as well as their childen all say the same thing. This is the place to go for Crabs any way you want them,cooked uncooked. crab soup is full of crab meat. The service is good and I have never had to wait long.
I have been going to this place for the last 7 or 8 years now. I visited with my husband on the weekends when we want seafood and with my sisters and friends. By now you know I am a lover of crabs. I also love the shrimps as well whether fried, broiled or stuffed they are great. The atmosphere is good and the people are all very friendly. Its a very comfortable place to enjoy a chat and chew along with a drink if desired. I ordered and picked up lunch for the people in the office also.

CILSJ- Executive Director

Reviewed 9 September 2014

If it's crabs you want, Grabbe's is the place to go! Whether you go for the all you can eat or just the amount you want to order, it's always delicious, fun and friendly. The service is always prompt, which on a crowded night is amazing, and the banter between the 2 servers and the crowd is always good for a few laughs. We never stray from our crab order, but we do enjoy their clams as an appetizer as well as the crab balls. And don't forget the seasoned fries and pitcher of beer to complete your meal. You really feel at home at Grabbe's and never leave disappointed.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My buddy and I stopped here on Tuesday afternoon for some seafood. We were going originally going to grill some seafood that day but it was pouring rain all day so that wasnt happening. The decor is rather old but didnt really bother me and suited the place actually. We both ordered the crab soup and we both loved it. Chock full of veggies and crabmeat. I got the all you can eat garlic crabs and my buddy got the Crabmans feast which came with King Crab Legs, U Peel Shrimp and Steamed Clams. My crabs were full of crab meat for the most part but reallyyy heavy on the garlic. If you dont like garlic stay away but if you do this is definitely for you! It was a little pricey but the food was good and made it worthwhile. Will definitely come back!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

And if u do also, this is the place for crabs in our area. And why not, as the owner is a crab Maven, LOVES what he does, prepares them himself, & probably names them too...right AL?
He will always give u an honest assesment of how the crabs are running,& there`s also the crab shack in back where u can buy ,by the bushel, etc.
Reviewer SJFERRET...I suggest u go there on a Tues, or Sat. evening when KIM is working; you`ll get a smile, a warm welcome & the best service she can give.
This is hardly a fancy-schmancy seafood cuisine restaurant...au contraire, it`s simply a neighborhood happy-tappy from the 5o`s, w/ original wooden booths & the like.....but there`s a great juke box, a warm atmosphere, beer by the pitcher & decent prices, & all the oyster crackers w/HOT horse radish u can eat. A place where you can be yourself & 'drip' all over your shirt & nobody`s gonna snicker. But more importantly, his crabs, when running well, are prepared to perfection, as are the other dishes. And do order the cole slaw, it`s like no other, & is really good. And put some of the crab spice in the melted butter...&....off to Crab Heaven.
Buy the way, this little place has won more awards then all the Red Lobsters put togeather !!
We wish they could open on Sunday

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This place serves the absolute best, and freshest seafood in the area. Five stars all day long. I cant say enough about the food.