Lowest prices for your stay
US$106
View deal
US$106
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$106
PricelineUS$106
Trip.comUS$116
All reviews hotel room housekeeping staff nj gym rt rates
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2020

I have only stayed here a couple of times but in general like the property. The rooms are good, some even with a nice balcony. The workout room is very good with several treadmills, bikes, etc... all you need and certainly more than you typical find in a hotel of this price range. The food and service at the courtyard is fine and is convenient. But the real difference is made by Nini from the front desk who is always very friendly and ready to help you with a big smile

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank USABelgie
Reviewed 1 December 2019

and I'll bet that every person who stays in this hotel (who is over 12 years old) has a cell phone & maybe Bluetooth headphones, or a fitbit, or a portable bluetooth speaker. And in the room I had, there wasn't a single USB charging port. Such ports are now as important as basic electric ootlets. Luckily, the front desk had a converter & lent it to me. Otherwise, the lobby has a big group table with some of these embedded.

Otherwise, the room had everything I needed for a night. The bed was fine, plenty of lamps, a refrigerator, ironing board, hair dryer, a sitting chair & a desk chair. The TV was nice enough & decent-sized, and the list of TV channels was sufficient. The WiFi worked well for my laptop, but I had trouble getting my Android phone on-line.

Not being used to a "heat pump" HVAC system, I had trouble regulating the temperature on a chilly day. When I got to my room, it was 72 - too warm for us. So I lowered the temperature & cold air (air conditioning ?) began to spew. At my house, if I lower the temperature in winter - the A/C doesn't click on to immediately drop the temperature to what I want; it just stops spewing heat until the temperature lowers on it's own, then will start spewing heat eventually. For a while, we were really cold & requested extra blankets. After having gotten them, we decided to just shut-off the HVAC system overnight. That turned out to be a good plan. In the morning the room temperature lowered & we wanted some heat, and it worked.

An oddity of the room was a sliding glass door that led to...... the shrubbery around the outside of the building, and ultimately, the parking lot. Maybe there was a plan at one time to build little patios for the 1st-floor rooms, but otherwise, this patio door was really of no value & actually gave me some pause about leaving the room with our things there. I didn't see a safety bar or other additional lock for it, as I know that these doors can be "opened" without a good security measure.

The hotel does not have a pool, though it has a large gym area. There's an on-site cafe, that (in my opinion) is vastly over-priced. All the staff I interacted with were friendly & helpful. And these's plenty of free parking, so no worries there. It's located along NJ Rt-10, a long commercial stretch with plenty of shopping & dining.
Also, keep in mind that NJ seems to frown on making left turns, so going anywhere along these business roads requires some extra route planning.

Date of stay: November 2019
Scenic15609107535, Manager at Sonesta Select Whippany Hanover, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2019

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Hanover Whippany. We truly appreciate your feedback and have shared it with the appropriate hotel team. We view every response as an opportunity for us to learn and improve. Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and we hope to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2019

This was the best hotel I’ve been to in a long time. The room was very clean, spacious with a balcony and king size soft comfy bed and pillows. The lobby is very nice with a plush seating, big screen TV, fireplace and a Starbucks. There is also a Walmart appx 1 mile down the road. I can’t wait to stay here again

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

We had such a great time at this Marriott. We wanted to stay some place where we could get a train to New York City. We had been traveling pulling a Teardrop Camper. They allowed us to leave our car and camper parked in the paring lot while we visited NY for 4 days. When we came back there was a birthday bag filled with drinks and snacks for my girlfriend. It was signed by Nicole, she was the employee that helped us navigate our trip. We ate at the Bistro several times. The food and cocktails are excellent.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

Nice professional staff. Very pleasant at the front desk. Hotel lobby is nice. Rooms look okay and hallways are pretty dark and old. Internet quality is good. Parking is easily accessible and plentiful. Probably wouldn’t stay here again unless they renovate the facility.

Date of stay: June 2019