“Best fine dining on the island”

Coastal Blue Oceanside Bar & Grill
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Coastal Blue is an upscale-casual eatery. The seaside chic restaurant offers tastemakers a unique dining experience featuring culinary delights with a local flair only the south Jersey shore can claim. Our thoughtfully crafted breakfast, lunch and dinner menus often rely on locally sourced products for creations using fresh seafood, Angus beef, summer fruits and greens. Enjoy a creative culinary excursion with a twist on traditional comfort food and contemporary cuisine. Our fully stocked bar and electric signature cocktails will truly create the Aloha experience. Whether feasting inside the airy dining room or enjoying a refreshing cocktail at our outdoor bar, Coastal Blue offers a sweet finish few restaurants can match: a view of stunning Diamond Beach. During the cozy season we're now open 3:00 - 9:00 pm Mon-Thurs for Happy Hour & Light Bites! Enjoy the Dinner menu Friday & Saturday night & Breakfast Saturday & Sunday morning. Full hours coming this Summer!
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were here for Labor Day dinner and had excellent food and service. Full attention by the the waiter and bus staff. We had blue cheese steak special, Tuna, and shrimp pasta dishes. Food was first class and presented in upscale fashion. We have been vacationing here for 25 years and generally had to go to Cape May to get gourmet food. In our experience, this is the best fine dining option in the Wildwoods.

1  Thank Larry C

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I dined here on Labor Day for my birthday. What a great choice. Coastal Blue is located at Icona in Diamond Beach. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the waitstaff extremely nice.
Our meals were all delicious as was the lava cake for dessert.
We will definitely return!

1  Thank SydneyHills10
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I am never a fan of hotel restaurants. Most are just average or worse. I stayed at the Icona hotel and made a point to look elsewhere for better dinner meals. I was disappointed for several nights and finally settle for a easy meal in the Hotel at the last night. The quality of food was a true surprise for both my wife and I. We had Fried Calamari and Shrimp Cocktail followed by Sasame Encrusted Tuna Steak and Braised Short Ribs entrees. Best dinner meal we could find in Wildwood Crest so far! Worth a visit.
What a friendly staff as well. Diana the manager was great with our kids.

2  Thank tyofalbany
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I had a wonderful time there over the weekend!! Breakfast was fantastic and the staff is as cool and down to earth as can be. We had loved it so much that we had to go back the next morning for more. The staff was really fantastic and hard working. Will definitely be going back next time I go to the crest!!!!

1  Thank Glen M
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We wanted to try something new so we took another couple here for dinner on Saturday night. The atmosphere is pleasant, we opted to sit inside due to wind. None of us were pleased with our entrees. The New England clam chowder tasted like Campbell's potato soup with a few pieces of clam. Our table ordered three bowls as a starter. While two were sent out full, my husbands contained less than half the amount of soup ours had. It was sent back immediately but a new bowl did not return until ours was already consumed. It took way too long. Two of us ordered the pork chop with mashed and carrots. The baby carrots were raw, the pork chop was moist but the gravy tasted like packaged and was way too salty as were the mushy potatoes. The fried fish special was a disappointment as well. Desserts and bread were decent (strawberry shortcake and chocolate pecan pie). Will not return.

1  Thank rilipaul