All reviews dish restaurant lovely hotel thatched roof beautiful setting underfloor heating fine dining cape town main building turn down service views of the mountains lounge area minute drive stayed here for two nights lovely room our honeymoon a lovely stay wine tour
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at Le Franschhoek Hotel and Spa with my 3 kids. Unfortunately it turned out to be a horrible experience. Our rooms were full of bugs and although I asked the cleaning staff to help and asked the reception to help it was only on our last night and only after I had all three kids in my bed freaking out that I again phoned the reception and demanded they do something. Finally they sent cleaners with vacuums to suck up all the bugs. But it was too little too late. I was so relieved to check out. This was a break I’d like to forget.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Salwha
Storm d, Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Salwha

Thank you for taking my call regarding your review.
Once again I wish to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused due to the ladybird beetles in your Lavish Villa.

Whenever an issue arises, we dissect our shortcoming to the most minute and intricate detail, all with a view to understanding how and why we erred, and we approach constructive feedback, in the most open minded and professional manner, all with a view of righting the wrong, and building lasting relationships.

As discussed, I hope you will afford us another opportunity and would like to invite you back to Le Franschhoek.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We only stayed here for one night but wish we were able to stay longer! Staff were amazing from the moment we arrived! The helped with our bags and drove us to our room in the buggy. We stayed as part of our honeymoon and were wonderfully surprised with a bottle of bubbles and two massive slices of cake! Went down a treat! Breakfast was also great!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Storm d, Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear graquig

Thank you for your superb review and thank you for choosing to spend part of your Honeymoon with us!

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa and I particularly enjoyed hearing the great feedback regarding the friendly and helpful staff.

We thank you for your recommendation to our future guests and look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is spectacular✨ views of the mountains. Stayed over twice and loved both the standard room (beautiful view) and villa (love the balcony) full delicious breakfast with everything you could wish for.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Storm d, Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Rosheen H

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa on your recent Romantic Getaway, we are so pleased to hear that you loved your stay.

We are indeed very fortunate to be situated in such an ideal location with such spectacular mountain views and look forward to sharing them with you on your return to the property.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I last visited Le Franschhoek about 40 years ago when it was still the Excelsior. It is really looking good and is well maintained. The reception was friendly and efficient. One issue of concern is that the receptionist typed in our credit card number as well as the CVV number. This is a risk to me. They should have just taken a deposit on the card machine.

Our apartment was about 25m from where we could park. Most of the other apartments/chalets are next to the parking. The rooms are well appointed and had everything we could have wanted from fresh fruit to underfloor heating, including a humidifier. We really enjoyed the LavAzza coffee machine and pods (replenished each morning). The evening turn-down service came with the ubiquitous sweet.

The only negative about the room was the accessibility to power plugs. We had to move furniture to get to them to charge computer and cellphones.

We dined at the casual dining restaurant next to a fire that kept us warm on cold evening. The food was good but not memorable. Priced a bit on the high side.

I would recommend staying at Le Franschhoek. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Storm d, Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Andre H

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel, we are delighted to hear that you had returned after 40 years and had a relaxing few days on the property.

Your valued feedback regarding your credit card details has been shared with the Management who will take the necessary measures to prevent other guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

Please contact us directly prior to your next stay with us as it would be our pleasure to have you return.

Warm regards,

hm@lefranschhoek.co.za

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Let Franschhoek restaurant and pub is situated in a great venue. They have good wine but the food is just good not great. If you're a vegetarian, breakfast, lunch and dinners will not disappoint you at all. Loads of meat selection though. I love the hospitality but I think they put much of the efforts on the accommodation and spa.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Storm d, Manager at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear margareta454

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.
We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, I was however sorry to hear that our food offering was not always to your taste.

We very much hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.