“LOVED IT, but broke the bank in order to enjoy it.”

Blue Rock Adventure Park
Reviewed 15 April 2017

I took my boyfriend here on a date and man oh man was that a good idea, WE LOVED IT . Such a beautiful setting, when you're there you cannot believe your a stone throw away from the high way. The employees on the water are such humble and helpful people, helped me get on my feet, were full of advice as to how to water ski and always had a smile on their face, and that made it very enjoyable, but the front desk lady on the other had was not very friendly at all, she treated us badly and was utterly unresponsive to any questions we were asking in all our excitement, and seeing by the amount of money we had to pay before even getting to the equipment station, a smile or some sort of hospitality in return would be nice. almost made me not want to give this establishment any more of my money.

Having said that, the prices are ridiculous, you pay for absolutely everything from entrance onto the property, to a fee for using the dam for the activities or just being on the grounds surrounding the dam, to individual equipment, to slides per ride down the Foofyslide, and anything you possibly need or want while you're there.

My advice would be to treat you, your family or spouses once in a couple of months and make a day of it but be prepared to pay pay pay.

2  Thank Zandalee L
"excitement"
"dam"
"outing"

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Blue rock is a beautiful venue. The water looks clean and there are many activities. Unfortunately this establishment rips it's customers off. You need to pay for enterance, the fee is not bad at all at R55. You are not allowed umbrellas, beverages (even water) but it is available for hire. Hiring shade is a rip off of R130 and there arnt any trees so we were forced to sit in the sun.

They charge R205 per person per hour (non transferable) just to skii this is excluding hiring of equipment. If you want to sit at a table that's an extra R90. I found the staff to be unfriendly. The toilets are also situated in a container, it was extremely dirty with only one "okay" toilet.

I wouldn't recommend this place to locals. They rip you off, move you out of the shade, and they do not offer any quick skiing tutorials so if you are a beginner, you are left on your own.

Rather organise a boat and spend the day at the beach.

6  Thank Maggie G
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

This place is a rip off from the moment you enter the main gates. You pay per person to enter, then you pay again to sit in a picnic spot, no chairs or tables under the shade so you have to pay to rent beanbags to sit on. You pay an exhorted amount to waterski/watersport for the day thank goodness we had our own gear as hiring would have cost a fortune ! Take note NO beverages are allowed in, you have to purchase them from the restaurant which is such a rip off !! R19.00 for 500ml water !!! Management is rude ! We ate at the restaurant and had barely finished our meal and were asked to move out as "these specific tables were reserved" !!! No reserved signs when we sat down ? We are avid wakeboarders, found the experience incredibly disappointing as it's just all a money making business. Rather find a boat and some water and save !

3  Thank ronniep717
Reviewed 10 January 2017

The food found here is Mediterranean and German in style. It satisfies a hungry tummy but the quality is nothing to write home about. Great place to spend the day though as there are many activities to do, just be aware that there is an entry fee to get to the 'restaurant.' The wine and drinks selection is standard. The service from the staff is friendly.