“Be wary of advertised specials”

Charlie Brown's Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our philosophy is simple; to provide great food, exceptional value and friendly service to each and every customer we serve. This restaurant is part of the New Jersey regional Charlie Brown's chain. This one is unusual because it is in a big, old house. Woodbury is a small town, not noted for its restaurants, making Charlie Brown's a pleasant surprise.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went out for a rare date night. We went to Charlie browns since they had a pretty good discount offer. Once we got there it turned out that discount was applicable to almost nothing on the menu. Little bait and switch I think. Food wasn't that great either. I hadn't been there in years and I don't think ill be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

A bustling bar/ restaurant. Popular with the locals. Has an extensive menu at reasonable prices. Not fine dining but ideal for a quick lunch. Would go back.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a local pub/restaurant, filled with locals from the neighborhood. It is a pub in a working class town with a working class feel but if that 's okay with you, it is a great, friendly place to go to relax, have a drink, and an okay dinner.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We both had the prime rib, each had it cooked different temps and it was just as ordered. Salad bar is nice, always fresh and stocked, plenty of options. My wife's martini was the only low point, watery and weak, so she switched to white wine. My soup was very good, and the service was very good.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My wife and I have been here twice in the last two weeks.

Ambience: It's an antique building with a great atmosphere for a steakhouse, There are hammered tin walls, antique pictures, and old books all over. My only complaint is that there too many large tv's around the bar area - it kills the 'old' feel.

Food: The salad bar was amazing (for a salad bar). The Prime Rib was perfect, and the Ribeye was very good, but not great. The only strike I gave was the crabcake appetizer - the crab smelled and tasted a bit old and fishy.

Overall, the experiences were very good.