“Revisiting an old friend”

Charlie Brown's Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our philosophy is simple; to provide great food, exceptional value and friendly service to each and every customer we serve. This restaurant is part of the New Jersey regional Charlie Brown's chain. This one is unusual because it is in a big, old house. Woodbury is a small town, not noted for its restaurants, making Charlie Brown's a pleasant surprise.
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We had dinner here with our kids the other night. We miss Charlie's Prime Rib (we now live out of state) and wanted to go back while we were in town. I did a review back in 2014 about my gluten free experience, and wanted to see if I could still get a good dinner here.

We all ordered steak or prime rib, and they didn't disappoint. However, the waiter seemed overworked and rushed. He missed adding on shrimp to my son's order, but we were never charged for it. The salad bar is still really good.

And yes, I am still gluten free and dairy free and was able to eat safely. I would still recommend having a good meal here.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went out for a rare date night. We went to Charlie browns since they had a pretty good discount offer. Once we got there it turned out that discount was applicable to almost nothing on the menu. Little bait and switch I think. Food wasn't that great either. I hadn't been there in years and I don't think ill be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

A bustling bar/ restaurant. Popular with the locals. Has an extensive menu at reasonable prices. Not fine dining but ideal for a quick lunch. Would go back.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a local pub/restaurant, filled with locals from the neighborhood. It is a pub in a working class town with a working class feel but if that 's okay with you, it is a great, friendly place to go to relax, have a drink, and an okay dinner.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We both had the prime rib, each had it cooked different temps and it was just as ordered. Salad bar is nice, always fresh and stocked, plenty of options. My wife's martini was the only low point, watery and weak, so she switched to white wine. My soup was very good, and the service was very good.