“Don't miss this unique experience in Bali!”
Review of Tulip - CLOSED

Tulip
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Bali, Indonesia
“Don't miss this unique experience in Bali!”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We had a perfect dinner at Tulip!

Service very friendly and efficient, live band music and incredible food!
Actually what they serve is Turkish C U I S I N E, not just Turkish food!
All of these at a very reasonable price!

Thank you and keep up the good work!

• Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
“Great food, good value!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We went to Tulip based on the reviews from T/A and had a great night.
PROS
- Clean, modern, professional, romantic feel about the place
- Reasonable prices for the experience that you are getting
- Starters (Mezze's) were to die for. Definitely a must have if youre gonna go! You just dont get enough bread to go with it though!
- 7hr slow cooked lamb just melted in your mouth.
- Staff were very friendly and quick to respond to any requests
- Cocktails were great

CONS
- Mains didnt have many vego options if youre vego (but plenty in the starters)
- This restaurant didnt have much of a 'view' to look at but what u did look at (rice field next door) was pleasant enough i suppose
- Not much in the way of a/con and that would have been ok if there was a breeze coming through but no, we didnt get that either. It was more of a problem during our lunch session than our dinner session due to the heat of the day.

OVERALL
Would definitely come back. Did come back. Will do again if we ever return to Bali.

• Visited February 2012
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful food, excellent prices!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We visited Tulip last week and was amazed at the superb service, awesome food and live entertainment at such a cheap price! The atmosphere was great! We loved that they offered a smoke free area as we are non smokers and struggled with smoking in resturaunts in Bali. I would highly reccomend Tulip to all visitors. We were a little worried about visiting a Turkish resturant but the menu offered a wide variety (I had an Aussie fillet) at a very affordable price. The profiteroles were amazing! Will be returning next time we visit Bali.

1 Thank KristyLS
Singapore, Singapore
“Great authentic turkish food”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

in a lovely setting - friendly staff and really good food at a reasonable price

Visited February 2012
1 Thank travelisg00d4u
Sydney
“Service on Steroids”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Can someone slow the wait staff down! We must have have been asked 4 times in the first 10 minutes if we were ready to order. Out of frustration my partner (who is pretty close to a vegetarioan) ordered meatballs? I couldn't believe it but she just passed it off as a "must make" decission to get the staff off our backs. Hmm, I enjoyed them though! We were then asked 3 times if we were ready for our mains yet. We gave up in the end and said yes. Sometines you just want to enjoy the nght.
Essentialls: Be prepared to say no, come back in 10 minutes to take my order. Book in advance and ask for a table by the pond. It is very beautiful, well done. Be prepared to be offered the Mezze Plate almost as soon as you sit down. We hadn't read the menue, not even the entre's yet. It really threw us. I didn't know the cost, what they were trying to offer us, how it fitted into the menue. If we said yes, do we still order an entre. If we say no, will it come back once we have read the menue. Wow, such speed. It was all going so fast. Go, prepared to ask all the necessary questions and slow it down.
We haven't had much Turkish food but I have to say that the food was amazingly tasty. Price wise OK, my pot lamb was absoutely terrific but you had to hunt down the few pieces of lamb hidden amoungst the large lumps of potatoe. Mind you, as I said, particulary tasty. The mezze dishes were great quality and very, very nice. Oh and did I say how much I enjoyed my partners meat balls!

1 Thank SaleenXTRM
Serkan Y, Owner at Tulip, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Saleem XTRM,

Thanks a lot for dining at Tulip and I do thank you a lot for your comment which will help us to improve our service.
I do apologize for the inconvenience caused but by the help of your review , we will train our staff not to the same mistake again.

Best Regards,