“Holiday ”
Review of Hotel Vila Lumbung

Hotel Vila Lumbung
Ranked #41 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Some hotel staff were outstanding - I had an accident the first day we arrived- I tripped over on the uneven footpaths of Bali, badly sprained my ankle & passed out. My friend & I are both nurses so luckily I had her with me for support. The hotel waitress (Hanny) and young bar attendant (Satya) were very caring and wanted to help as much as they could as I had difficulty walking and was in significant pain for majority of the holiday. Reception staff did not acknowledge my injury in any way or offer to provide assistance for transport or other means. We had to pay for ice, we asked for nightly that we had sent to our room to keep the swelling down.
Another issue were the old grey bath towels & hand towels & no hair conditioner provided- shampoo only!
I also had a problem with my credit card-as the card I used to pay online was cancelled due to fraud therefore the bank cancelled it & issued me another card - however when we arrived at Hotel Vila Lumbung they wanted the original card to ensure the payment was made or refund the original payment and charge my new card. There would have been a 9 day delay on refund yet they wanted to charge the new card immediately. As well as the international transaction fee which I had already paid in the original transaction & it would be charged again. I had to have my family send my statement through to the hotel as I didn't have access to my old statements on my iPhone - I was asked everyday for the first week to get this sorted-it was stressful and unnecessary. No form of compensation was offered for the inconvenience this caused me during my holiday.
We managed to do what we could however no thanks to the hotel.
Otherwise the pool was beautiful ,thank goodness our room was on ground floor close to the pool, as requested when booking.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank annemaree964
HotelVilaLumbung, Manager at Hotel Vila Lumbung, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Mr./Mrs. Annemaree964,

Morning Spirit from Lumbung, where a million of smiles await you home!
Thank you for making Hotel Vila Lumbung as your holiday destination of choice and we are glad to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback is really appreciated.
It’s our pleasure to have you to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again to Hotel Vila Lumbung.

Management Hotel Vila Lumbung

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Hotel Villa Lumbung is an excellent place to stay. It has everything you need, very spacious rooms, clean, comfortable and at a very reasonable rate. Friendly staff with good service. Good location, highly recommended

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are nice
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr./Mrs. Ab0uquet,

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My room was clean, the Hotel was in a very convenient location in Seminyak, all staff members were extremely friendly, the pool was great, the breakfast excellent and catered for all tastes, and the dinner menu plus drinks was very good value. Beautiful tropical garden setting

Room Tip: I enjoyed the ground floor room towards the back of the Hotel. Very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Mr./Mrs. Maggietynan,

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Thank you Villa lumbung for a excellent stay . My upstairs bungalow was very large and true Bali style . Thank you front staff for helping me change my stay . No problems !
The restaurant is excellent and very nice staff . Nothing is too hard for this hotel .
Well done and I will be back

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at Vila Lumbung (Vila 5115) for 10 days...

Room:
We upgraded from the Superior to the Deluxe room, the upgrade is fantastic and well worth it - from a standard room to a villa with an out door bathroom (enclosed), kitchen (with all main appliances), chill out area, bed, coffee table - large upgrade for a small price. The housekeeping team we polite and non intrusive. Two bottles of water and tea/coffee were refilled everyday. A couple of robes/flip flops. Very clean and air conned.

Swimming pool:
Very clean and well looked after. You pop to the towel counter and sign out the number of towels you take, then grab a sun lounger (the loungers nearer to the whirl pool are in the sun throughout the day... Best loungers!) swim up bar, little waterfall, whirl pool, basket ball hoop/balls, sometimes they put up a volley ball net. Throughout the day you are asked if you would like a drink/something to eat.

Gym:
Has what you need for a work out - nothing special but does the job.

Staff:
Every single member of staff are extremely friendly, welcoming and brings comfort to you stay... Really great at what they do and are a credit to the hotel. Consent smiles and are happy - even the security at the top of the road/entrance to the hotel say 'hello/good day' throughout the day. The money exchange man was easy to deal with and we got a good exchange rate. Spa ladies were lovely and calming. Gardeners/cleaners were very happy and always said hello. The Resturant/pool side staff have been a pleasure and are 100% great at what they do - to name a few, Setiawan, Karmi, Evi. A special thank you to Setiawan as he always went the extra mile to make your day special and ALWAYS was smiling and happy. The reception staff were very helpful and always on hand if you had any questions. Excellent staff and made our stay even more special.

Food:
Breakfast: good range of food on the buffet, from fresh fruit, cooked meats, noodles, pastries, porridge, healthy or naughty products, different types of eggs can be cooked for you when asking.
Lunch: good menu with lots of different types - from Indonesian food to western foods. You can eat either pool side or in the Resturant.
Dinner: it is never really that busy as we assume many people dine out however the food is good. However the atmosphere is a little dull - but nothing major, just not that many people dine at night.
Drinks: great selection of different ranges of drinks (non alcoholic or alcoholic)

General overall of the hotel:
BRILLIANT!! We will visit Bali again and no doubt we will look at stay here again. It was like home from home and whilst staying here for 10 days we have had no problems at all. It is great value for money and perfect for our stay. Whilst everything is lovely at the hotel we believe the staff make it something special - just their welcomes, positivity and happiness makes your stay that bit better. There are quite a few little lizards, which at first scared us but after a couple of hours you don't even realize them. The only down point: There was a 'yoga session' one morning (annoyingly on the day we booked a trip so we couldn't make it) it would of been amazing if they offered more 'yoga sessions' as it was a great touch to start your day. The location of the hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the main village/square. On the way, there are plenty of restaurants/bars/market stalls.

Our stay has been just what we were looking for and would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

Thank you Vila Lumbung for being our home for the last 10 days :)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple