“Indulgent relaxation”

The Ulin Villas & Spa
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 20 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at Ulin Villas for 4 nights as an early anniversary celebration. We chose these villas based on the TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The villa actually exceeded our expectation. We really loved it all....the pool was the biggest bonus. It was long enough to get some exercise & we loved being able to swim early or late at night. While not glitzy, it was so comfortable yet indulgent that I'm thinking of ways to incorporate the style into our own tropical home.
The breakfasts were fantastic and we enjoyed being able to sample different meals each day. The chefs were very efficient and professional. The rooms are spacious and well fitted out. The only very minor quibble was that it was difficult to see inside the wardrobe, especially for access to the safe. The rest of the lighting in the dressing room was fine.
The housekeeping staff were very efficient in setting everything to order and putting out mosquito coils and pool lights at dusk.
The location near Jl Laksaman is ideal --only a couple of minutes walk to shops, mini-mart, a bookshop, coffee shops, restaurants...what more could you want?
We both had great massages from the Spa and also a wonderful body treatment.

If you're coming here from somewhere else and the driver doesn't know the location, look out for the large sign for Ultimo restaurant which is on the corner you need to turn at.
Thanks to all the friendly and helpful staff at Ulin.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cassmob

Reviewed 11 December 2009

Winawan the operation manager was very helpful & patient with my endless questions and requests before I confirm my reservation.
Everyone was very friendly and service was generally quite good thou a tad slow at times (but then pace of life is much slower here)
We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa and the pool was great. Wooden fences (not very pretty but for safety sake) was provided because they know I had a toddler with me. They also arranged for a microwave so I could easily heat up my child's food. Kitchen is quite well equipped but a can opener can be included.
Though they have quite a no. of villas, it was really quiet throughout our stay. I love the privacy we had and the space. Lots of room for the little one to run around. The property is located in a little back lane but it's a mere 2-3 mins walk from the main street. Didn't see alot of stray drogs if u r worried abt them and rabies.
The massages are good. I tried the hot stone massage and it was complete bliss! So good! I highly recommend it. Go for the 2 hrs if u can afford the time.
My only complaints were that the dressing area was too dark. The light at the basin was not working and was not fixed after we told the staff twice. Then on the 2nd nite the main lights stopped working. So it was totally dark. But this was fixed on the next day.
And the living area was too....warm. While there are 2 ceiling fans in the kitchen and dining area, there is none in the TV area. We planned to have some family time here, watch some DVDs but it was just too warm to do so. I saw on some pictures that some villas living area is air conditioned, maybe only selected ones are.
Overall, was a good stay. Great for family with children.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2009

The Ulin Villas & Spa were wonderful - Having our own private villa was a perfect way to spend 12 glorious days with my husband celebrating 20 years of marriage. The service was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The food was outstanding and the Spa was glorious. We just want to know where they hide the noise cancelling equipment because it was just so quiet. I really could fault nothing and would definitely like to return in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharonmanning
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Kudos to all staff at the resort. They are friendly and helpful -- went an extra miles in providing us with information/recommendations to our needs - from making restaurants reservation, to getting discount at eateries, and our last minute Bintang Tshirts.

Housekeeping may need improvement - have to called for my supply of toiletries a couple of times during my 5 nights stay here.

We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend the villa to friends.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2009

i booked the one bedroom villa during my honeymoon stay in Bali, the staff is very very kind and helpful even before you arrive, they helped me to arrange all the outings i did in Bali before my arrival, the villa is very romantic and quite, the breakfast is prepared in your kitchen every morning, and the spa there is fantastic with a valuable price..

its greattttt by all means

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple