Bluehill Resort Tulamben
Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$51
Liberty Dive Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$39
Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$17
Akasa Villa(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$25
Agoda.com
Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$14
US$67
US$20
US$19
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgunung agungpak gedegarden poolnice hotelbalconyhairdryersunrisemtlaundryseatextingdivingresortbalitransportluxury
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had a great time here the last hotel on our Bali trip. We picked it especially for the Pool and Garden Area.
This hotel caters mainly for divers and has returning groups each year - we found rooms were clean and comfy plenty of hot water and a nice balcony with great views and the best hairdryer in Bali.
Food and drinks - beers cold and the curries hot hot hot - prices acceptable and actually for an off the beaten track kind of place a varied selection. The entire complex is well maintained, pool and garden even better than the photos - so far so good.
However,
Reception - a rather unwelcoming experience with vague and conflicting verbal information - an information fact sheet would be perhaps a good idea
Staff - There seemed to be an abundance of young folks, who indeed spent most of the day texting, watching the telly or playing cards. Make sure when you order you ask for it to be reconfirmed and if your drink has not appeared in 5 secs flat on the table it probably wont at all. They are all kind and friendly but lack in professionalism.
For those reasons only a VERY GOOD

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I had an awesome stay here at the resort...it was my home away from home for 6 nights. Staff are so helpful and polite, rooms and facilities are clean and well maintain (pool and garden are the best!), food are OK and the price is sensible too. I like it because its so quiet and located in front Pura Segara beach. I had a special rate for diving, and the diving itself was an awesome experience. Thanks to Pak Gede as the manager and all the staff, i definitely coming back and recommend this resort to others when visiting Tulamben.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Well appointed hotel in gorgeous location south of Tulamben. Glorious garden & pool with views up to Gunung Agung & down to ocean with stunning sunrises over Lombok.
Good breakfast & very good reasonably priced food in restaurant.
Rooms, bathrooms & balconies are large & comfortable. They are however not very "Balinese". Very clean & quiet. Air con, fridge & coffee making facilities
I arrived by bemo, not private car, & was treated as a second class guest initially. Five staff watched me carry my pack up several flights of stairs in the heat (even after I explained that my 6 hour bemo trip from Permuteran had been a little tiring).
I found the large number of unoccupied staff sitting around texting all day a little annoying (there was low room occupancy at the time)
If you don't have transport, Bluehill is a little isolated, with the walk into Tulamben being on a noisy narrow road, albeit with great views. Dive shops will pick up & drop off. Not much nearby in the way of shops or restaurants so eat at Bluehill.
Despite a couple of negatives, Bluehill is a stunning place to stay & very good value.

Room Tip: Glorious views from the upper floor rooms
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I am writing this review as I lie in a comfy clean bed for sadly, our last night. If u are in tulamben I highly recommend staying at bluehill. Breaky is included, absolutely gorgeous garden and has a huge pool area. The staff- they truly make this place special, they are so nice and always smiling -very friendly. Free shuttle service since u are slightly out of the heart of town, and if the shuttle van is not there or already out in use, the staff doesn't think twice to bring u into town on the back of the bike (as long as ur okay with it). Food is good, service is awesome, the rooms are cleaned daily and for the really reasonable price u pay to stay here u feel the luxury. Updated rooms and bathrooms, great views with balcony area. Did I mention I don't want to leave! If I am ever in this area...I wil def come back to this place. They also have paid services like rental bike, laundry and taxi to/from airport.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScubaDiverOceanLove
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I spontaneously chose Bluehill Resort because we saw an outstanding price on Booking.com. We arrived without a booking though because we wanted to see the room first. In the resort we were told that it was actually even cheaper than we saw on Booking.com (because of a end-of-year promotion), so we happily stayed for two nights. At the checkout two days later though we were asked to pay the double price of what we were told the first day (which was even higher than what we saw on Booking.com a few days ago). We had no evidence of the cheaper price so we paid the bill to keep our good karma. Of course it annoyed us but I guess we had a communication problem the first day. The lesson for us was to get a written confirmation next time.

The compound of the resort is great. They have a large garden with various trees and flowers. In between the garden eden there is a swimming pool that seemed inviting (we didn't try it though) Everything outside looks well maintained.

Our room was spacious, comfortable, modern and we liked it a lot. The view outside the wide window front was green and really felt like holiday. From the balcony we could see the volcano.
What we didn't like was that the internet broke down regularly and from our room we didn't always have a good connection. Also the TV had connection problems from time to time.
They cleaned our room after the first night so that seems to work well.

The open air restaurant was already decorated for Christmas which I personally found funny six weeks before Christmas.
Breakfast was included in the price. We chose nasi goreng for my fiancé and pancake with fruit salad for me. As I am vegan I asked for a pancake without milk and eggs and was not disappointed about the result.
The first day we ate à la carte in the evening. I ordered Pizza and French Fries. Thef portions were so little that we went for dinner again later outside the resort. The pizza I can really not recommend.
My fiancé had an Indonesian dish (Ayam Lalapan) and it was okay.

What we really found disgusting is that the last morning during breakfast we saw the staff smoking inside the kitchen of the restaurant where they prepared our meals minutes ago. I would really hope for other guests that the management takes care of this behaviour.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple