Scuba Seraya Resort
Minabali Bunga'lo(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$45
Liberty Dive Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$38
US$72
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$14
Agoda.com
Bali Reef Divers(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$23
  • Pool
US$66
TripAdvisor
Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$101
Trip.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplunge poolcoconut treesdive masterliberty wreckmuck divingdive sitesgreat divingbig fishoutdoor bathtubday bedcamera roombalinese hospitalitywet seasonshrimpdive shopbeach fronttook great care
Reviewed 29 August 2017

After a week long diving excursion to the Komodo Islands I came back to Bali for some more scuba diving at its greatest dive sites. One of the most iconic wreck dives in the world is the "U.S.A.T. Liberty Wreck" in Tulamben, Bali. Looking for a cheap place to stay, I traveled from Sanur Bali on the west coast to Tulamben on the east coast where the wreck dive rests in the Flores Sea. Scanning TripAdvisor I decided to stay at Scuba Seraya based upon reviews I read as well as a fellow diver's recommendation while I was on my diving excursion. So, continuing my adventure I made my way to Scuba Seraya Resort beneath the mighty Mount Agung stratavolcano.

Arriving at the resort I found it to be a quaint little group of rooms with a large King sized canopy bed and outdoor bathroom. The grounds are well manicured with flowers and palm trees. The beach in Tulamben is composed of volcanic rocks and stones, difficult to walk on and not really suitable for laying on, but, Scuba Seraya has a very nicely manicured area with beach chairs for watching the sea. A on-site Scuba Shop is available for rigging out and walking directly into the ocean for some of the best macro-muck diving in the World. Although I didn't use it, I was told by my Dive Master at the Liberty Wreck that it was comparable or even better than diving Liberty. I only stayed 2 nights and stopped diving after I left, though, when I return I will definitely try diving directly from Scuba Seraya's beach.

The room was very cozy, clean, and had a wonderful bed for a very tired adventurer. After a week of 4 dives a day in Komodo, an excursion to Nusa Penida on my return for a 3 tank dive, and then a three tank dive on the Liberty Wreck, I was exhausted. Sleeping in the wonderful bed with a delicious Bali breakfast & coffee to great me in the morning sun was one of my most pleasant and serene moments in Bali. It was quite a contrast from the bustle of Uluwatu and Sanur to come over to the east coast of Bali and feel as if I had escaped to another island altogether. Looking out over the sunrise above the Flores Sea and then turning into the Epic Silhouette of Mount Agung directly behind Scuba Seraya made this a favorite photo spot during my wandering.

A kind and warm staff of women took care of the American man traveling alone. My cameras and drone were welcomed and they were attentive to my tourist needs for driver's and destination information. Remember the air conditioning is operated by remote control, I slept my first night thinking I had no air conditioning but loved opening the wooden shutters to allow the ocean breeze to caress my senses the first night. Taking my showers outside under the full moon with Mount Agung above me was a sublime moment just looking up at the Bali stars flickering like fire flies about its silhouette. (don't fear the sticky toed lizards,, they sing a very cool song at night...) A massage was enjoyed each morning to start my day before diving or traveling. I highly recommend it!

Its not fancy,,, its not a lavish resort,, but,, its Authentic!! A really serene and beautiful place, it was absolutely one of my favorite lodgings I visited while in Bali. Mount Agung gives its ambiance a certain Romance & Primal authenticity that can't be created with fancydoor designs or ornate pool grounds. Its real,, its beautiful,, and it leaves your soul soothed and relaxed with the Flores Sea at your front door and Agung dominating your view out back. Serenity Beneath the Volcano....

Room Tip: There are bungalows closer to the ocean, but, all rooms appear to be facing the Flores Sea.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This is 7th time here for the following reasons

1. dive quality - different experiences each time at same sites with same marine life. If we spend some time - the boxer crab, shrimp, bumphead parrot fish and other marine life never fail to amaze and amuse me at every dive
2. Dive guides and crew - they always aim to please and try their best to show the beauty of Bali hospitality and marine life.
3. Resort staff - always smiling and welcoming. It's a joy to be on holiday with the crew who's attentive, helpful and cheerful
4. Sea view villa - I love maisonnette 7 and 8 as they have a nice patio but when I can splurge I'll always pick the villa for the sea views, private space. I love that the resort has just 13 rooms so I can have my own private space, peace and time out. I also noticed that with Every visit there are little improvements - wifi in room works well now, nice gazebo built facing the sea, more beach deck chairs available

Of course there are areas that can be improved
1. The food - it's almost the same after many years: there needs to be a change

Overall still a pleasant stay and worth a return trip for the dives

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachbummer75
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This is an exellent resort if you want it small, cosy and with good service.
The Villas are really really nice!
The diving team is exellent and very good at suiting you needs and wishes.
The food is fine but a little ordinary.
The place will always be recommended from my side!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I dive for fun and I've logged about 400 dives. I've been to some dive resorts and some LOBs, the goods and the bads. In my opinion, Scuba Seraya has one of the most organized dive center I've ever experienced.

Dive center:
+ Very well organized.
+ Flexible time and dive spot destination.
+ Friendly and experienced dive guides and crews.
- No camera room.

Room:
+ AC is working very well and cold! I love it!
+ Outdoor shower room.
+ Clean.
- Small room, small table. It is difficult for me and my wife to assemble 2 UW cameras.
- Pillows are thick and hard. You need to request for the soft and ample one.

Restaurant:
+ Surprisingly, the food is not that bad, but not outstanding. The portion is alright for hungry man.
+ Flexible to request food from outside such as babi guling (suckling pig).
- No coffee, snacks, or bread served/ provided during the service interval.

Others:
+ A must to try, massage by the water, guarantee you will fall asleep and wake up so relax. The price is reasonable too. Ask for Merry. Please keep it that way Scuba Seraya.

Overall, from booking the resort, starting to ending the trip, hassle free and all running smoothly. Big thanks to lovely and friendly Ibu Yuni.... :)

I recommend Scuba Seraya to any divers!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cowboxfish
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Wonderful friendly local run dive resort.
Quiet area, good food, great diving with experienced local dive guides and you can solo dive on house reef if you have the experience.
Stunning surroundings.
Amed 10' down the road also has many dive clubs and Restuarants.
Great place for diving, relaxing, massage, yoga.
2 hours by road to the busy centre in Denpasar and well away from the crowds.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple