Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort
Minabali Bunga'lo(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$45
Liberty Dive Resort(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$39
Ocean View Dive Resort Tulamben(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$43
Priceline
Tauch Terminal Resort Tulamben & Spa(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$38
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$42/night.

Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$16
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$19/night.

Bali Reef Divers(Tulamben)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$108
US$93
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe penthousedive shopdive guidedvd playertulamben wreckmassage ladieslunch dinnergreat divingbeach frontnight divepygmy seahorsesrooms are largebeach entryhour driveexperienced diversthese guysearly morning dive
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Decided to book one of the beach front villas as it was offered at a much reduced price. Great decision as the location is right on the beach and very peaceful. The team of Wayne Jack , Wayne Ambea and Wayne Gundul provded excellent and very friendly service. The wreck dive is an absolute must if you enjoy diving and the walk in beach entry was a nice change. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Our first trip to Bali guided by our Bali loving friends. Our mates are
keen divers and stay at Tulambem regularly so they were very excited to show us why they love it. After an airport pick up some lunch in candidasa and an interesting ride into the mountains we arrived at the villa. I loved this place, peaceful and beautiful. We had a small private pool but access to a large pool in the communal area (2 mins walk). The villa is open plan with bedrooms enclosed. Linen and towels are fresh each day but no frills. Toiletries were limited to soap only. Breakfast was included and served at the communal area each morning. You can have a hot brekkie or cereal & toast, fresh juice, Bali coffee. The ladies who run the villas are lovely. There is security at the villas and you can get scooters if you like. Lying on the deck with the ocean 50mtrs away having a massage was rather nice. If you want to truly unwind have some peace clear your mind this is the place to do it.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I did my Advanced PADI here three months ago so this review is long overdue. Eri was my divemaster and he was simply the best. He made sure that I really learned the stuff and he emphasized safety at every turn. He even willingly played the role of my photo/videographer and took a lot of great photos and videos. Wayan G, who was the dive guide for the two additional "fun" dives that I went on, was also a great guide and extremely knowledgeable of the local marine life. Made, who was my dad's fun dive guide, also did a great job bringing my dad back in one piece--no easy task, I'm sure. I apologise to the gentlemen above if I misspelt their names as it has been a while. Kudos also to the kitchen staff who cooked our breakfast, lunch and dinner. The fried rice was simply superb.

Having said all that, I have to echo some of the complaints that I see in other reviews regarding the accommodation. The room itself was quite spacious but spartan. The bed sheets and blankets were not very comfy. The bathroom towels were not as clean as they should be. The TV was not hooked up to a working antenna or cable so we couldn't really watch any TV. The wifi in the room was not working the entire time we were there. To be fair, the room rate was pretty low so we got what we paid for in this case.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2016

I wanted to dive in famous Tulamben so I booked 5 nights at the Wreck Diver.

The first impression of the property is great. Wonderful garden directly to the sea. Unfortunately the room itself was disappointing. TV only with DVD, Water was not really working, not really clean but I thought: come on, I just want to dive.

The resort is about 2 km away from the dive Resort. Too long to walk but they resisted to give me a scooter as they thought I am not able to drive. They promised to pick me up and bring me back all the time. In the first evening they forgot me and as I did not want to walk through the dark I was happy to have some food with me.
Every afternoon some women offer a massage within the resort which is really good and a pleasure.

First dive: They picked me up and I arrived at the diving base.
The impression was not too nice. Not dirty but could be cleaner. Equipment is very old and in a bad condition. The suits have holes and shouldn't be used any more.
The guide "Jack Daniels" was not able to check his air as his gauge was foggy. Luckily he saw this before the dive and exchanged it. I had problems to let air out of the jacket. I guess the inflator was not the best... I decided to use the emergency valve to empty my jacket.
There were always bubbles from the guides bottle which I told him every dive again but he was fine with it.I guess there is no better equipment for the guides available.
Before diving the Guide always wanted to hurry up. He was rolling his eyes about that I wanted to perform the buddy check with my buddy. He nearly became aggressive when I insisted of measuring the Nitrox on my own. I am sure nobody tested it before.
He always helped us into the water and outside as the waves might hit us so that we slip and fall.
After diving the guide told us that the lunch is included. Well at my last day they told me that this was not the case. So they tricked us into their restaurant.
The owner was not in Bali at the time I was there. Maybe that caused lack of motivation of everyone in the diving base.

Diving itself was nice. The guide always wanted to go to the wreck (so he is back home in minimum time) and we had to insist to see other dive spots too.
The wreck itself is really impressive. The other dive spots are nice too.

In summary: Diving in Tulamben: yes, but not again at this dive point/ resort
- defective equipment
- unfriendly guides (other staff was friendly)
- Tulamben itself is not a real town, its just a street with some houses beside. Nothin to see
- Without scooter or car you are tucked
+ nice property with great view to the sea. Wonderful.
+ I liked the breakfast very much.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank fr0mgermany
Reviewed 23 December 2015

This hotel is located just in front of diving site - this is its greatest adventage. The bay view is also good. Nonetheless the standard of rooms is not too great - they could be cleaner and renovated.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo