Saigon Phu Quoc Resort(Phu Quoc Island)
US$85
US$55
US$64
US$56
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

Famiana Resort & Spa(Cua Lap)
US$70
US$63
Mango Bay Resort(Phu Quoc Island)
US$74
US$70
US$47
US$36
US$209
US$125
Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island(Phu Quoc Island)
US$161
US$144
US$73
US$66
US$130
US$125
Cancelon
1,149 results
All reviewsjacuzzi villainfinity poolbeach frontoutdoor baththe general managerhomemade jamsour honeymoonprivate beachsecond rowperfect endwatching the sunsetturn down serviceperfect place to relaxeach eveninglittle touchesseafoodmain town
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Great spacious, comfortable and well appointed rooms with a big bath and a terrace I found myself spending a lot of time on. Staff was always smiling and welcoming. Good food. Lovely beach. Perfect place to relax.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear thushinatuk,

A lovely Review of a “lovely place”… Thank you so much for your kind Review on this Forum.
Yes you have enjoyed your experiencing of the Chen Sea and we are delighted of it.
Should you wish to relax again in your Chen Sea, do contact me so I’ll take care….

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We went to Vietnam on our holiday in fall 2014. Our family (Husband, wife(me), son (4 years old) and son (4 months old)) stayed here for 4 nights.

When we arrived it really felt like paradise. It was quiet, clean, luxuriant, beautiful and not at all overrun.

Unfortunately we waited closely to 1 hour for our room to be ready. That was not to be expected as they knew exactly when we arrived and as we had to little ones with us. In that time we were served some drinks and fresh fruits. Even more fortunately the reception is placed on the top so there was a slight breeze.

The bungalow was soooo beautiful and very simple but in a totally classy way :) Spacious rooms and the terrace is spacious too.
The outdoorsy bathroom with both the luxury beauty care products and almost all the toiletries you need. It was great! Our bungalow was on the first row and the beach was a very short walk from our terrace. We also had a huge bathtub outside. It did take a while to fill up, but our whole family could almost fit in that. It was the perfect place to lie and look out over the water. A stunning sight. Also we had a comfy sitting area outside.

Everywhere it is so beautiful and it was like taking out of a movie.

The cleaning were at its best as there always were 2-3 people at the time to both clean in the day and to get the room ready for the night. Very polite and nice staff.

The food was excellent! The breakfast was god with a good variety. My husband loves his coffee and especially the cold version of coffee (cafe sua da). The breakfast with drinks were included in our stay. My husband would order 2 as he entered the restaurant and a few minutes later one more. The coffee here was very good in his opinion.
Every day we ordered diner to our room (roomservice) as it was too hot and difficult for our baby to eat out at the time. The staff was so kind to bend the rules and they served us the food in our room. The food was so delicious and fresh. They have both traditional Vietnamese and Italian cuisine. The kitchen staff also did everything to try cooking some baby food after our instructions.

The cons and the only couple of things that they could do better for this place to really shine was:
- Always make sure to clean their beach (It was full of filth and what not the first two days)
- We had a bungalow with a palm tree growing straight in front of our backdoor entrance and through the stairs. The really bad thing was that there was an anthill really close as there were countless of red ants going up and down that tree and naturally also up and down the side of the stairs. Really not suitable for families with small children going up and down the stairs all the time. They couldn't do anything.

If we're lucky, we will come visit again.

Room Tip: Choose the the first row bungalows to get the outside area and the stunning beach view.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Dear NiauHP,

As you came in fall 2014, it is almost two years that you nurture your nice Review, it means as well that you may return soon, smile…
Thank you for your nice Review and we appreciate that you enjoyed your experiencing of the Chen Sea to the extent that you envisage to return.

Allow me to answer you on the “cons”…
- We only give a room for an early check-in when it is required specifically and if possible. Very often we can and we do it. There are some periods when the particular inventory is fully booked and then we cannot provide the room before 2pm. The opening of the new airport created a new pattern of flights which is not easy for us. People arrive early in the morning with the first flights and often leave with the last. So obviously it is difficult to please both early check-in and late check-out. When you return, write to me and I’ll take care. If I tell you in advance that we can, it will mean that you will be able to enjoy an early check-in.
- The pollution of the beach coming from the Sea. We are known to be the resort with the best clean beach. It means that we spend resources on a daily basis to collect a lot of trash off the beach and then off the property. Thanks God it is not every day as it is predicated by the currents and the winds. Sometime it is so “heavy” that we have to set a team with up to 30 employees coming from all departments to clean in one shot, then the beach boys assume the follow up.
- We are in the forest and we have some company at the Chen Sea. What is it that we do? We have a pest control company that comes now 3 times per month to treat the entire property. We have a massive operation over 3 years to fight the termites. We spray the rooms and Guests have a canister of insecticide. We use essential oil and scented candles for our guests’ comfort. We’ll soon have mosquito repellent in the Restaurant, once again for comfort. The rest we must be informed as a colony of ants could come at any time and in no time. Then we take care, it does not take so much time. We can spray and it works which explains why I am so surprised when you say that we couldn’t do anything. After nearly 2 years I can’t investigate, but it is surprising.

I am glad that your husband liked the coffee as it took me 2 years to find this one… I like it too.
We have Room Service with a simple menu. With 200 meters between the kitchen and some rooms it is impossible, for the moment, to guarantee certain standards. This is why we did a simple menu. Employees will always do their best to please our Guests so they accept many demands. Some are problematic as some dishes sent to Room Service are not so good as not served the right way.
One day we shall be equipped for In Room Dining…

Please contact me: gm@chensea-resort.com for your next stay and let me take care for you.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Seems a bit pricey on paper but the settings, service and feeling of peace is worth every penny.
It has only around 40 bungalows so it's never too crowded.
The restaurant is great with a selection of Vietnamese and Italian food.
It's one of the best places to just relax and do nothing.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear Brice B,

Thank you so much for your short but very positive Review of our property.
It is particularly appreciated during the Monsoon when our settings are not all in place.
When our Guests appreciate the Chen Sea during the Low Season I always encourage them to return during the dry season…
Such a difference, like if it was another property.

Should you wish to return to us please contact me: gm@chensea-resort.com
I’ll take care, though we are a bit more pricey during High and Peak Season.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We stayed for 4 nights and we got the peace that we needed. Bungalows are excelent, close to the sea and the atmosphere there is beautiful.
The staff is great, always friendly and always taking care of the guest for anything you need.

Beach is great but the resort has a problem with the plastic bags that are coming from the sea. It is not a problem resort its the wind who brings them.

There is a member of the staff cleaning the beach and the sea constantly.

The restaurant is great, good food and good taste and European price.

A PLACE TO RECOMMEND

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2016

Dear 87krass,

Thank you so much for your wonderful Review of the Chen Sea.
I am glad that you enjoyed everything that the Chen Sea offers, even during the Low Season, smile…

I believe that Phu Quoc as a new destination to be one day has a problem with the Sea pollution.
The combines massive pollution of the Gulf of Thailand couple with the specific shore pollution of the Island, bring this awful situation.
It is only evident with the changes in the wind and the currents.
Visitors are not happy about that and I only regret that they do not take actions through social medias.
Many criticized the Resort, while the only thing that we could do locally is to clean the Beach permanently and sometime filter manually the Sea to catch as much as we can before it reaches the shore.
Yesterday we collected again 200 Kgs and we have enough to spend our Resources on this as a very small Resort.
On the top of this we have to pay to clear the trash that we collect.
We are sorry for our Guests and we have used all the channels we could to inform and alert the Authorities.
Now we know that they know and we’ll see if one day actions are taken.

Just an added smile to this answer. It is very interesting to note that our Guests from Hong Kong appreciate our Restaurant.
In Hong King you are spoilt when it comes to food, the whole territory is a spot for Foodies.
So thank you again to mention our Restaurant in your Review.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

I would like to say a big""THANK YOU " To the all Chen Sea staff for the friendliness and for the attentive care. Was a great holiday but me and my family member had some medical problem and all staff helped us in any ways possible! Thanks!!!!!

Resort is in great position, bungalows are very well designed and with wonderful tiny decorations... A plus!
Bathroom is big and particular....
The veranda is absolutely fantastic and the sea is just there....
We are family of 4; big size bed+ extra bed+ baby coat and the room with this entire think was spacious and comfortable.
Beach and pool is clean and the staff is very attentive for all you needed.
The " Il Ristorante" is a plus into a plus.....Vietnamese and Italian cuisine are amazing.... High quality food and very well presented. The price are ok, I read a lot of reviews said that the price for food is expansive and I prepared for eat some days outside of resort but when we saw the price and quality we eaten Every day at the resort!! Bravi!!!
Breakfast was a 5 star.... Everything fresh and handmade; Yogurt, breads, cakes, juice, jam and many others.
I did the cocking class and was very well organized and the chef was great and fun... I had a wonderful day and good food! I was the chef!!!

I would like to say that the beach is wonderful the ocean is clean but a lot of plastic bags and other thinks arrive from the ocean every day... This is a not resort problem but an island problem. The ocean correct take all the garbage from the near Thailand and Vietnam here in a Very poor Phu Quoc and if you can observe outside of the resort and the road that take you from airport to resort you can simple understand that we are in a island where the tourism is just coming and peoples live in a poor environment and will take year for those understand that the ocean and the island is very precious.

Chen Sea ... Our stay was a great relaxation time... We definitely come back with our friends too..
THANKS.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear Sabrina V,

Noooooooooooooooooooo, at the Chen Sea we deeply thank our Guests, not the opposite, smile.
We thank you for coming to us for your first time in Phu Quoc and we thank you for sharing your experiencing of the Chen Sea on this Forum.
We are so happy when our Guests, a family in your case, have all a blast.

We hope that “little tornado” is going to cool down in time for herself, as it would be better if she could avoid to break her head!!!
I always say that the Chen is very safe for the kids!!! But little Viola has the energy of a perfect Feng Xui, smile….

We thank you for your very detailed Review as you enjoyed everything that is part of the Chen Signature.
It is such a pleasure to read. Chef Igor was delighted with your Review and I love your comment on Chef Hung.
Yes he takes care of Vietnamese Cooking Class and yes he is so funny, and so professional and hard working as well.

We know that you will return and you have my coordinates. Just know that we are ready to welcome you in your Chen Sea.