“Good rouladen”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2018

You tend to find good German restaurants near military installations - Ft Dix is nearby. I had rouladen - the beef was moist and had a good balance of stuffing and tasty gravy. The spaetzle was also very good. Fair prices and fair service. Decor ok.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Excellent authentic German cuisine, great service ,and a warm and cozy atmosphere. Veal dishes are exceptional.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

The Best Authentic German food in all of Soth Jersey......The server staff is always warn and friendly and the ower will sometime do a standup comedy act at your table....lol

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I just experienced the schnitzel fest. It was fantastic. I will absolutely return. Food was delicious and the owner is lovely.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Each year that I celebrate my birthday, I try to visit an authentic German restaurant. Over the past few years, we visited a restaurant in Avon by the Sea but last month the facility was destroyed by fire. Tripadvisor had great reviews on this restaurant so we decided to give a try. Boy, we were not disappointed. All of the reviews were spot-on. The atmosphere is a bit busy with all of the decorations but it appeared quaint. The waitresses were dressed in authentic German attire, which made it seem even more cozier and family oriented. Everyone was so friendly and polite.

Together with my wife and father-in-law, we ordered the cheese perrogies as our appetizer. They were so fresh and tasty. It was ridiculous. I ordered the schnitzel combo and father-in-law ordered the brought worst combo platters. My wife ordered the veal schnitzel special. Some of the dishes came with red cabbage, sour kraut, and spaetzle that was so delicious that I could eaten a ton more of it. The schnitzel and worsts were out of the world with freshness, aroma and flavor. We topped off the meal with dessert. The strawberry cheesecake was to die for and the sweet potato cheesecake was so scrumptious. My wife ordered the apple pie with homemade vanilla ice cream. All of the desserts were made on premises and simply terrific.

Here is the deal on this place. Come very early because the lines to get into this restaurant are long. We made reservations for 1730 and by 1830, there was line out the door. Parking is limited so this is another reason to get there early. While the restaurant was about 45 minutes away. It was worth the trip.