“A GREAT diner/cafe between Albuquerque and Santa Fe”
Review of Range Cafe

Range Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Bernalillo
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Wow! What a surprise. I picked up a friend at ABQ airport and this cafe was recommended to her so we thought to get out of the traffic of ABQ on our way to Santa Fe. Well, we are art lovers and the Range Cafe is a funky place for some really fine art as well as fun, humorous art! The food was really good...fresh! And my bowl of soup was too big, so order their small bowl (I think they call it a cup of soup, which is really plenty!) We also visited the gift shop and museum that are walk-throughs from the cafe to the shop to the museum/shop. Antoinette gave us a tour of the old Native art along with a history of the artists themselves, some still living, some gone. But truly, it was a surprising stop that warrants a visit if going to ABQ or Santa Fe. Bernalillo looks like a nice little town, but we were meeting others in SF so couldn't explore too much. But I'll be back!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 14 July 2017

A friend of mine recommended The Range Cafe and so glad we went! Excellent food, friendly service, authentic NM diner. The gift store was great to browse through too. Can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 14 July 2017

New Mexico diner food. Children's portions are huge. I had the NM Taco Salad which was delicious. My dinner companions also tried the Country Fried Steak with chili gravy served with mashed potatoes. The steak was tender and the potatoes cooked perfectly. We ended the meal with a slice of Death by Lemon pie, which has a cookie crust, a lemon custard filling with almonds on top and served with whipped cream and a piece of the chocolate coconut cream pie The staff is friendly and prompt, keeping our tea glasses filled through out the meal. The diner is quaint and full of local art. The ooey gooey sweet rolls looked so good that we are determined to go back tomorrow to try them. I highly recommend a stop here if you are visiting Albuquerque.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Although we live close to the original Range, I recently dined at the new Old Town location. As with my home Range, the new Range featured excellent fresh and freshly prepared food in an artsy and welcoming environment. The wait staff was excellent.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Really enjoy the Range Cafe in Bernalillo. The service is always friendly and efficient, the food is consistently above average and the ambience is funky. A fun meal out on the town.

Date of visit: May 2017