“Sushi in the high desert? You bet!”
Review of Sushi a la Hattori

Sushi a la Hattori
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in El Prado
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I seldom eat sushi, but this place is worth it. Their miso soup is superb. Wide selection, excellent salads, great bento boxes!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stumbled on this place by mistake, (behind the Overland store), and the food looked so good we had to stop and eat. The service was extremely slow and the staff not very friendly, but the food made up for it. We ate sushi and some tempura only, but the main dishes that went by looked fantastic as well. If you like sushi, don't be hesitant that this is in the middle of no where in New Mexico!! Excellent food!!

1  Thank Deb B
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here twice last year on our summer trip to Taos. So it's Saturday night, and we drive from Ranchos to El Prado and arrive at 7:45 for dinner. ( their closing time is 8:30) Before we even step inside, the owner shouts through the open door, "WE ARE CLOSED, WE ARE CLOSED", and hurries away from the door. No sorry, no explanation,nothing... not only were we disappointed, we were angry at being treated so rudely. Guess we will have to cross them off our list of favorites!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I love sushi and lived in California where there were lots of great Japanese restaurants. This is as good as I've ever had anywhere. Really fresh clean food, my favorite. This is my favorite restaurant in Taos, even though it's in the southwest. The restaurant is very small and it's best to go early. They have a great bento box lunch special that is not expensive and a great value and delicious. Also it's located in a very lovely garden area.

1  Thank Niddynoddy
Reviewed 28 August 2017

As a Dallas transplant now splitting my time between Santa Fe and Taos -- I've investigated all of the options in Santa Fe, where I spend the winters. The first sushi restaurant in NM is located there, and it's OK -- but neither it nor the two other top SF sushi bars compare IMO to Hattori. I'm not particularly adventurous, but eat there about once a week when in Taos. Be sure to specify "non-spicy" if that's your preference, since some things are made spicy there that aren't in sushi bars outside of NM. The Japanese owners recently pulled back to 4 days a week (Wed. through Sat.) That's good, if it means that they'll stay in business longer. I think the business was wearing them down, and all of the regulars were coming in on Wednesdays anyway since we knew that's when the big delivery arrives. I have several non-sushi-eating friends who love the cooked offerings -- esp. the Friday bento lunch special.