“Phenominal Sushi”

Mix Pacific Rim
Ranked #79 of 386 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Thai
Reviewed 27 November 2016

The best Sushi Las Cruces. The staff is excellent. Exceptional value. Great improvement in new digs.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Mix has been a favorite of ours for years. The sushi is fresh and well prepared. The place is generally busy and seating can be a challenge. In spite of its quality food and service, the restaurant like many others in Las Cruces seems to be unsupported by the residents. The restaurant has shrunk in size and the menu slimmed down with many items made with similar ingredients. Prices are not cheap but not outrageous. It appears to be suffering the same fate of many other good restaurants in Las Cruces. It is sad.

1  Thank Henry4218
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

I can't get enough of their Singapore chile chicken. I'm a master student at NMSU and I eat there 2 times a week. Going to miss it when I move away!

Reviewed 5 October 2015

This is probably one of the WORST dining experiences we have had in a long time. We had not been to The Mix in years, and will never go back. I would have never chosen The Mix, because I remember having a bad experience in the past, but it was across the street from the symphony , so we decided to give it a try again.
Our service was terrible. We asked the waitress about any sort of gluten free option and she said they didn't have any. I asked her if she would ask the chef if he could make any gluten free dishes (and since it was Saturday evening at 7:00, and we were the only table in the entire restaurant, I didn't mind asking). She rolled her eyes and said, "I already know what he will say- probably no". I asked to her inquire anyway, we needed to know if we had any options for dinner. After rolling her eyes again and expressing her irritation, she went to ask the chef (who is the owner btw), and asked if he would accommodate us and she returned saying, "he wants to know like what do you want? We make our sauces on Mondays, and you could just get your stuff plain, or he could put gluten free soy sauce on everything"? These entrees are specialty dishes, and quite pricey. There was absolutely no communicating with her at all. It was such an awful experience, we ended up having basically no dinner. The wait staff is completely incompetent, the place is expensive, the atmosphere was ruined by blaring 80's rock music as well. Its a joke. Save your money. If you want to eat, DONT GO!

1  Thank brendowns
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

I don't know how to explain it but something was just not right. Service was average -seemed to take a long time and our waiter forgot to put in my sushi roll. Sushi was good- however they brought out some food while others had nothing to eat for what seemed like eternity. Everything just seemed off-