“Just OK”

Golden Star Fast Food Chinese
Ranked #214 of 383 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Mediocre. Nothing special at all. I see no reason to return. Compared to the other oriental restaurants in town this place is very near the bottom.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Golden Star has been in Las Cruces for several years with a central location on El Paseo Rd. The restaurant is fast food with a cafeteria type line for the food selection. You order a 2 item or 3 item plate. The food is fresh abd there is a great selection. Prices are excellent and the amount of food served is very good for the price. I would suggest to anyone that likes authentic Chinese food, this is one place you can count on the quality, freshness and good prices.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is not a must visit resaurant. It is all about convenience, affordability, and decent chinese food. The good is that a two entree meal with rice or noodles and a egg roll will run you $6.01 including tax. The bad would be that the resturant is not up for the cleanest restuarant in Las Cruces award. If you are seeking ambience, this is not the place. Overall, if you want decent chinese food at an affordable price, then this is a good stop.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Good food and plenty of places to sit. I was excited because they had Diet Pepsi and not just coke products like most people. The food wasn't greasy like many places and the people were very friendly. I will be going back!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I was told about Star earlier and decided to visit. Ordered Egg Drop soup and Shrimp Egg Foo Young. The Soup was good, but not quite what I was used too having enjoyed Egg Drop soup in hundreds of Chinese and Japanese restaurants over the years. I give that a four star because this soup had good flavor, but not as thick as I was used to in past.

The Egg Foo Young was not was I was used to because the shrimp were not cooked with the patty and there was no rice included. What I really wanted was patties cooked with rice and sprouts with gravy over which I would place on steamed rice, which did not come with this serving. However, there were lots of vegetables with shrimp sprinkled on top of the patties.

I guess this is what guests and patrons liked, but not what I had really wanted. Several other eateries in area had what they called Egg Foo Young with NO patties at all, so I should be thankful that I had patties.