“Great small cafe”

Cravings Cafe
Ranked #238 of 391 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 February 2015 via mobile

Great menu selection for a late morning breakfast or lunch. The Reuben is delicious as is the build your own omelet. And it is quiet so you cs n enjoy conversation with you're friends. I come here frequently with my friends and love it.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I am incredibly torn between liking this place and not. First the good: Freshly prepared unique food, good variety, and generally good and friendly service. Pecan crusted chicken is out of this world, along with Philly steak. Their shoestring homemade fries are excellent. Now the bad: Pricey, in my opinion. I used a Restaurant.com voucher for $25 and STILL had to pay $21 on top of that for a meal for two adults/two kids. For $46 we could've had steak. They charge EXTRA for fries (vs. potato salad or cole slaw) and it's only a HANDFUL of fries that you get! Tiny, TINY portion :( I nearly cried when I saw the tiny portion bc I LOVE my fries and bc I paid an EXTRA $1.50 or so for them! It was quite literally like 8 fries!! Food took quite awhile to arrive, but again, it's freshly made. They have weird hours, and close at 4:30 PM. I'll prob be back to try out their breakfast menu, and then I'm done. Too expensive for me.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hard to find café/rest. has great food. I went for breakfast, asparagus omelet was great company had corn beef hash Really good. came back again for the Ruben Sandwich excellent! Best Ruben I have had in a long while. I will say do not be in a hurry they are very slow and don't seem to have the whole act together but food is worth the wait. Going back next for the Pecan crusted chicken salad. I really liked this food!

1  Thank SeatteWAtraveler
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had a restaurant.com voucher so decided to try this cafe, which is near the intersection of I-25 and Rt. 70. It has a number of wooden tables and chairs and a counter where you can eat. You order at the cash register and they bring you your food when it's ready. The menu is overhead, but there are also printed menus near the cash register. We had the Cravings Club sandwich on Swedish wheat bread (cost $9 each). This has turkey and corned beef, plus avocado, lettuce, and tomato. You get your choice of cheese and bread. We selected Swiss cheese. These sandwiches come grilled and so are a bit oily to the hands when you pick them up. I would suggest toasting the bread instead. The service was somewhat slow, as has been mentioned before, as everything is made to order.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We ate at this restaurant and found that although the food is edible, the restaurant owners are unable to deal with multiple parties eating in the reaps taurine at the same time. Wait times from ordering to the appearance of a simple lunch sandwich or salad were over an hour and the proprietors were so busy trying to catch up that they slammed the finished items on the counter and yelled for people to get their food, rather than bringing it to the table.

In response to my first review of the restaurant pointing this out the owner wrote to me and upbraided me for writing a negative review of her restaurant, rather than attempting to repair the obvious problems with service. I recommend that if you value your time, you stay far, far away from this place.

1  Thank LC1968