“Go for the burger and stay for the pie”
Review of Magdalena Cafe

Magdalena Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Magdalena
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We lived in Magdalena for a few summers and this was one of the places for eating out. Lunches is what we went for (it isn't often open for dinner) and there is a good list of burgers and sandwiches. Check the board for specials, though!

I love the burger with green chile - this is more a place for green chile than red chile, in my opinion. It is appropriately spicy here - not watered down for any tourist trade.

Often there will be a big table of ladies who lunch from Socorro. I know my mom loved coming up here - and it was for the pie. They make them in house and often have a large variety of flavors (I have been there when they were sold out of most the of day's baking). I am not a pie lover - but I do enjoy these pies. Fruit pies, cream pies, nut pies - all are winners.

1  Thank Rita B

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Had burgers here twice. Good food! You have to look for hours open as they are not always available...what you would expect from a very small town.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We went for lunch after leaving the Very Large Array. We arrived at 1:15 and they closed at 1:30 but they welcomed us graciously. Two more tables arrived after us! I had the smothered hamburger steak with both red and green chile and cheese. The green chile was amazing....the red was a bit odd! I can't quite put my finger on it! I recommend this cafe!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Magdalena is a very small NM town but it should be proud of this establishment. It is your typical small town not very nice looking building but open the door and you are pleasantly surprised. The interior is decorated really well with local art and comfortable furnishings and also great service.
The menu is not huge but you'll find something great to eat. I enjoyed sweet potato fries and BLT. All sandwiches come with chips so you pay $2 to upgrade to fries which kinda bugs me but that's life.
Good, fun place to enjoy a meal so stop in!

Reviewed 22 December 2016

Magdalena Cafe has all the charm of rural towns along with tasty food and service with a smile. Though their portion sizes are generous, you will want to save room for some of their dessert specialties that are constantly changing.