All reviews neon sign coffee maker ed dryer mattresses cleanliness microwave amenities carpet wifi motel tv pass stop
Reviewed 14 July 2017

If you're looking for a big ol' fancy room with a flat screen, lots of amenities, and a free breakfast, this isn't it. If you want to see how people used to travel, experience a bit of nostalgia, and support a local business, then this is the place for you! We, as some other have said, spent one night on our way to Colorado. I couldn't pass up the neon sign, and the place was well kept up on the outside (so sad a lot of these vintage motels haven't been taken care of).

The owner has managed the motel for 45 years, and is just the nicest! The place still has real keys (no electronic locks), an orange carpet stripe on the wall, and lots of brown furniture. There is a coffee maker and a hair dryer, but that's about the fanciest this place is going to get. There ARE double sinks, and the room is quite large. It's clean, and the mattresses are hard, so if you can't sleep on a hard mattress, skip this place. It was quiet, had an outdoor pool (also kept up), and cable. There was wifi, but we couldn't get a good signal. The place does allow pets. We don't have one, but I know those motels are getting to be few and far between. On the plus side, I did not smell any pet smells in my room, and I have a strong sense of smell. I would love to see a little bit of updating done, but still keeping with the vintage decor and theme of the place.

Did I mention we stayed for under $100?

If you're feeling that vintage feeling, I'd definitely say to give the Robin Hood Motel a try. If I come this way on a road trip again, I'll stop in.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Ed the owner is super to deal with. Great motor lodge room in a town full of big corporate boxes with no customer service. Try it and you'll be back. Thanks Ed for taking good care of us. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank cypress218
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Unfortunately, the town just got hit with a foot of snow last night, so couldn't see the ground, but I am betting its really nice. It's a throw back to the 70's for sure, but It is very clean,and has a great shower with nice hot water, it is pet friendly,the owner is aged, but very nice with a real personality, rooms are a good size and have AC, I would stay here again any time I am in Raton NM for sure. We were in room 110 around back, nice and quite from the front street, so great for your dog !

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2016

The Robin Hood Motel is a true mom and pop owned business. It's been in business with the same family since the mid 70's. It has the cool neon sign blinking at night. Ed, the owner, was very nice and helpful in recommending restaurants in Raton since we arrived after 8pm. Our double room (2 queen size beds) was very clean and still had the 70's vibe decor. Remember the swag chain ceiling lamp? If you are on a budget and traveling through Raton or enjoy staying in retro motels, this motel is just right for you.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Texascyclists
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

The room smelled musty, the mattress was hard but if you're looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night, this works. But, it's not very clean & the amenities are bare. The water in the shower flowed hot then cold, it was hard to adjust. I was worried about bugs, I'll spend more $$ next time to sleep comfortably!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family