Raton Pass Inn
US$114
Budget Host Melody Lane Motel(Raton)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$99
US$55
US$42
TripAdvisor
All reviewswestern themeblast from the pastmid centurydecorated differentlyhorror moviedifferent themedenver airportinteresting storiesnice layoutfamily styleretro feelwarmth and friendlinesspets are allowedother travelersfriendly folkssimple breakfastpersonable staff
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I was not expecting to stay at such a wonderful place when I booked a room the night before at an incredible rate. When I checked-in, I was invited to join the owners in a home-cooked meal. The check-in office is so awesome (Juke Box, western theme, clean, awesome art), and the room was no different! I was hungry and decided to take the owners up on their invite, so I took a shower and rushed back to the check-in office. Dinner was lovely and we chatted for an hour or so. I felt like I was at home, which was really lovely since I'd been alone on the road for days. I will go back to New Mexico just to stay at this inn again with my fiancé. He should have been there with me to experience what was the highlight of my trip. Woke up to one of the first snows on the ground. Breakfast was good, homebrewed coffee was unparalleled. WILL BE BACK!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Laurie B, Owner at Raton Pass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

We hope you keep on coming back! Please send wedding pix.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend ~ this place is a gem with real character! Staying at the Raton Pass Inn is like traveling back in time, both in decor and price. Located on the north side of Raton right off southbound I-25, it is a wonderfully kept, classic motor inn. The couple who own it are exceptionally welcoming. If price is a factor in your decision, it can’t be beat.

Each room is decorated differently; mine had a western theme, with old movie posters and chaps on the walls, among lots of other cool stuff. Modern comforts included a very comfortable mattress, and microwave and fridge in room. I left too early to enjoy the complimentary breakfast.

My stay was very short ~ wish it was longer. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank BBTX60

Thanks for staying with us! Do come back and see us again!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

A great memory of the way travel was with my parents in the 50's and 60's! A small motor inn, with about 15 rooms, each individually theme decorated with pictures and decor of 'nostalgic yesterday.' Owner, Laura is a great host and is there offering hot coffee and a simple breakfast in the office every morning !

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us--come on back sometime!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This motel was in a good location, and priced more reasonable than hotels in Trinidad. We loved the western theme, and it was a nice room with small fridge, and comfortable for our stay. Only thing that detracted was smell of smoke from office next door even though we were told it was no smoking, and I requested no smoking since i am allergic to smoke, and it affected our stay. Owner was nice and most accomodating. I might have slept better with the rack somewhere except over my head, but good stay overall.

Room Tip: All have equal views, and seem to be about the same, just different decor perhaps
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Laurie B, Owner at Raton Pass Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Hi--sorry you were bothered by smoke. There is no smoking in the office or any of the rooms. We do allow smoking directly outside the rooms, however, so someone's smoke must have wafted your way. And never fear, the antlers are firmly affixed. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We changed our plans to spend our third visit at this quaint little motel. Every room has a different western theme. Laurie makes every guest feel at home. If you are in the Raton area you need to check out the Raton Pass inn.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David L

We love it when guests come back! Thanks for being one of our frequent flyers, we do appreciate you.