“Lunch at Martin’s Capitol Cafe ”

Martin's Capitol Cafe
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The wife and I had lunch at Martin’s this week, my combination plate with the relleno was excellent! They remembered the chopped onions I requested substituted crispy Golden fries for rice and beans with no fuss nor up charge. They did forget the soft taco but everything was so good I didn’t care. Great service and traditional Southern NM Mexican fare. Highly recommended

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (199)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

They have a great staff who serve hot and fresh food that tastes out of this world. The prices are fair and the portions are large. Eat here, you won’t be sorry!!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 18 March 2021

Great food - sometimes too spicy for this Gringo, but the rest of the family loves the spice. Traditional Mexican food served fresh & hot. Service is great even when they are super busy. My husband loves the Chili Rellenos plate, I love several - combination plate, burrito or taco plate, taco salad is awesome!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank MrsBcarlsbadNM
Reviewed 27 January 2021 via mobile

Ate here many years ago and it was good. Years later while taking my grandson to college we drove through Roswell and stopped here. The chimichangas are the best I have ever eaten. The tacos were tasty and the enchiladas were wonderful. Nice, attentive staff. Socially distanced. Masks worn. Nice reunion.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank Joel M
Reviewed 8 November 2020

We ordered two burrito plates with sauce on the side and what we got was pretty disappointing. The burritos were smothered in cheese sauce, despite us asking them not to be, the chicken was dry and flavorless, and the food was cold. We were looking forward to some tasty New Mexican fare but ultimately weren't happy with what we received and didn't finish the meal.

Date of visit: November 2020