Review Highlights
Take time to walk around.

Reviewed 11 September 2018
Valerie H
Nice friendly place

Reviewed 21 August 2018
Danny C

All reviews street lights alien theme santa hats alien stuff just plain fun interesting area mexican restaurant few hours county courthouse photo opportunities carlsbad caverns road trip visit roswell ufo museum souvenirs statues
Reviewed 11 September 2018

This area of Roswell was just adorable. Not much to see but very in line with the whole UFO theme. Loved the alien street lights!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

You can plow though all the UFO stops in about 2 hours. About 5-6 stores a UFO museum. But then there is the other stuff that I found really interesting like the art museum, planetarium, farmers market, and visitors center.

1  Thank Danny C
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Roswell gets a lot of tourists, either coming here or stopping by on their way to Carlsbad Caverns (like us), or otherwise. My family and friends stopped by here for a few hours to check it out. The ladies found a cool used clothing store that they totally enjoyed. They all found and bought more than they should have. :)
My son and I, not interested in standing there looking at ladies clothes, decided to check out all the close by "alien" stores. Total disappointment.
Pretty much every one was under stocked with similar touristy stuff. The items they sold were the expected cups and keyrings kind of stuff; no problem there.
However, each place seemed to be too big for their inventory. Every store was big with wide open spaces between their sales items. For me, it gave the places a feeling of being empty; totally not cozy. In addition, several stores had the same stuff in two or three different places, so I would see the same stuff in different places.
Maybe most disappointing was the customer service. The clerks should look up from their phones and say "hello" when a customer walks in. Only in one place, I forgot the name, did the man and woman both say hello and talk to us.
The museum gift shop was the one place that seemed to be just right. In fact, that was the one place we bought stuff at. The lady there was super helpful.
Overall, we found four nice places there. The clothing store, the museum gift shop, the antique store run by a friendly retired guy, and the little Mexican restaurant at the intersection down from the museum.
The restaurant was a basic and old-looking, but from experience I know some of the best Mexican food is found in such places. This place didn't disappoint; good food and service.

1  Thank Tylerx2
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We had fun on our visit, the sightseeing of downtown was fun, but it was hot. We went to the Alien festival. I enjoyed the shopping, and the kids really liked the alien stuff. I just kept thinking this could really be an awesome concept and major destination if the city would do an alien con and go all out. Otherwise it was ok.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

The first place we stopped was the County Courthouse - guys you need to go to the courthouse for some amazing architect and history! Entry is on the east side (Virginia st), through a metal detector. The old part of the courthouse is just beautiful, from the hand laid tile floor to the dome / vaulted room. And there is a private museum they will open for you.
We went to the VB and off to the strip. It's pretty cheesy - most of the shops only have tshirts with a huge range of prices. There was one TShirt shop that had several wall hangings of a builders concept for a 'resort' area outside of town - that would be cool but understood it is a 'financial' issue, and will likely never happen. too bad - it could breathe new life into this.
The Museum is a good price for what it is. People were a couple deep behind the articles so hard to read them ... I'd have liked to but then there were a lot of articles so it would've taken a while. The visuals were fun. Gift shop moves a lot of merchandise.
In short, if you're in the area, you should go see it - but don't expect too much.
Cheesy but fun.