“Fried Brussel sprouts and chocolate slice yum”
Review of Grill Caliente

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Food is Southwestern
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Wanted a light dinner. We stopped because we saw live music at 6:00 on Sunday on the patio. My husband had a roasted chicken taco. It was small but it was only $5.00. Chicken was in a thin soft tortilla with a creamy sauce and different flavors. He really liked it and said 2 would have been enough but he was splitting my bacon cheese burger with me. My burger was very good and if an juicy with homemade fries. On a list of sides they had fried Brussel sprouts for $5.00 I thought what did I have to lose never tried them fried and only $5.00. They brought out a huge bowl of flash fried brussel sprouts in a sriracha based sauce with a little sweetness also. So you get some crispy leaves along with the the pieces of sprouts. Then oh my for desert I had "chocolate slice" which was like a rectangular slice of chocolate moose only better. Oh my oh my.
The restaurant patio is pet friendly.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Read about this place, dropped by for apps mid afternoon this weekend. We ordered Fried Green Chile Rings and Nachos without chicken (if you order it with chicken, it takes much longer as they freshly grill the chicken). The Fried Green Chile Rings include green chile, poblano chile and jalapeno served with chipotle ranch dressing. One of the BEST appetizers I've ever had!! The nachos were really good, but I wanted to keep eating the Fried Green Chile Rings!!! Get the large size for 2! Had 2 bottled beers, no beer on tap. Next visit can't wait to have a meal there!

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We had the tenderloin and chicken tacos. I preferred the tenderloin. Queso, salsa and guacamole combo is a good app. Outdoor patio and casual environment.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Located in the downtown area of Ruidoso on Sudderth Drives lies this little gem of a restaurant. The Grill Caliente is excellent if you are looking for something that offers a bit of variety with the menu serving everything from steaks to burgers to New Mexican dishes. The atmosphere is really relaxed and is a great place for lunch or just having drinks and socializing. You can sit inside or out on the patio for a view of the busy street. The food is fresh and really tasty. I had a burger and I was very pleased with how it come out. There is also a children's menu with meals under $10. The staff was attentive and welcoming and the price was pretty good. This is a mid range priced restaurant so expect pay anywhere from $10 to $25 for your plate. Overall, I definitely recommend stopping at this place if you are visiting or even passing through Ruidoso!

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We shared a few appetizers and had the amazing grilled peach dessert! We will go back ages while we are here. The burgers looked great!

Been to Grill Caliente? Share your experiences!