“"needed a place, but didn't enjoy it"”
Review of Nob Hill Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nob Hill Lodge
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My family is native to the area, and on an emergency home visit my husband and I stayed here and it wasn't our place of choice. The owners seemed suspcious?--them kept mentioning that it was a non-smoking room (but room did stink anyway), the office stunk, and overall appearance was ugly. The cost is comparable to the Motel 6 for mid-weekly rates, but decided to give them a chance.
The T.V was outdated, heat wasn't consistent, restroom--bathtub felt like there was something underneath?, towels were harsh, hand soap was old--didn't even get soapy to wash your hands. The table/dining--was uneven and chairs unstable--looked like something you could pick up at the trash dump. Overall this hotel is non-native owned, unkept, filthy, stinky, horrible, and would rather have stayed in my truck. Again, if this is last resort---"Don't stay here!"
*Native Ruidoso

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Shalene J

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This hotel is a clean and comfortable older property. We enjoyed our stay and will return. The owner was extremely nice and accommodating. It is conveniently located to restaurants, shopping, and casinos.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Layla55
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I called this hotel and I was gladly surprised to find they had rooms avaliable as it was memorial day weekend/first day of racing. I raced on over to book it before someone could get it! as I walked into the office it because very clear why they had rooms. It smelled like butt and curry in he office so bad I couldnt breath. after about 20 mins of trying to understand the owner I made out he was asking what my mother did for a living????? when I told him she was disabled he freaked the !@#$ out and would not rent me a room, his reasoning was she would cause problems?????? srsly wtf...

• Stayed: May 2011
8  Thank Aliengirlufo
Reviewed 6 August 2009

under new managment, husband and wife were truly great I would definitely stay again. This little motel is quiet and sucluded from the noise of town but easy access to the rest of town do yourself a favor and try this little gem. Tell the owners Jeff sent you.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank cookbooks245
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Booked one room online thru Expedia for the weekend of July Fourth, when we went to check in the owner said that he was booked and notified "Expedia" by fax that he had no more rooms" Expedia had no record of this!" Owner was hard to understand and this was the dirtiest so called hotel that I have seen in a very long time, luckily we found a room up the street.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple