“Best NY Strip in Ruidoso”

Rio Grande Grill & Tap Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grande Grill & Tap Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I have been here twice and hubby many times. We've eaten at just about every steak place in Ruidoso and they have the best steak. The steaks always come out cooked perfect, tender, and tasty. Hubby ordered the strip and I ordered the ribs. Also did not disappoint as they were tender and love the chipolte peach BBQ sauce. They have a microbrewery with just about any kind to please any palate. My favorites are the Monk Ale and Alien Amber.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a great meal with great service on the deck. The staff was very friendly and made great recommendations from the menu. The Fettuccini Alfredo with hatch green chilies was excellent.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

After a 3 hour drive after work on Friday, checked into hotel, headed to the Rio Grande Grill & Tap Room. We have tried their beer many times at the brewery in Moriarty NM, and looked forward to trying their food. We were quickly seated upstairs, much quieter than the bar area downstairs, and we didn't want to sit on the patio. I ordered my favorite Green Chile beer and my husband got a sampler of beers. Green chile cheeseburger for me and a brisket sandwich for my husband. Great beef in the burger, but the green chile wasn't hot like home here in Santa Fe, but flavorful. My husband said the brisket sandwich was decent, but on the dry side. Service excellent and we will be back!

Reviewed 20 August 2016

It's a good place and the owner makes the rounds to make sure you're happy.
I did not care for the chicken lasagna but that is just me. The wife had the hamburger which was good but these folks tend to get carried away with green chili's.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Reviewed the tap room a year and a half ago. Sure wish TA would allow us to add to our review instead of starting over. Oh well.

Actually ate here two nights in a row recently due to poor "good" choices of places to eat and the food was very good. Nothing to complain about and the manager/owner was very polite and personable. I think everyone enjoyed the food they had and there are nightly specials so make sure to check those out.

Beer selection is decent and win too. No full liquor license so you won't find any spirits here.

Enjoy!