Rhulani Safari Lodge
US$155
US$139
US$108
Agoda.com
AVANI Gaborone Resort & Casino(Gaborone)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$144
US$122
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$89
US$80
US$116
US$111
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Room 50 Two(Gaborone)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$179
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsplunge poolhigh teagame driveswatering holedriving skillsdried fruitoutstanding guideoutdoor showerthe reservenight guardsinging and dancingamarula coffeemid morningearly morning drivesprivate deckhot towelsawesome experience
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We picked Rhulani after not knowing much about it mainly because it was in the Madikwe reserve, and we certainly were not disappointed with out choice. The drive from Johannesburg was easy and from the gate its a very short ride to Rhulani.

The staff and their welcome were lovely and the room was right by the waterhole and very comfortable. The game viewing was of course wonderful - it is Madikwe after all, but the stay was made by the easy going, friendly and helpful staff. We had our mini bar stocked with our drinks choices in no time and snacks delivered while we lazed the afternoon away watching the buck and elephants drink at the waterhole. My advice - dont be shy to ask for anything you may need at all, they are very happy to supply all your needs but because of the nature of bush lodges during the day you will be left to relax and enjoy your time so dont wait for offers, just let them know and its done in flash.

The food was very good and more than ample and the in room massage was also very enjoyable. The game drives were wonderful and the guides really do go the extra mile to get you to the animals and make you have a good time. We had an almost lion kill, a close encounter with both elephant and a hyena and her cub - and saw almost all animals you could think off on top of the great birding. One night we even had the two big male lions walk through camp.

I have no hesitation at all in saying come here - the lodge is wonderful - the staff are fantastic and you will never go wrong with game viewing in Madikwe.

Room Tip: Room 4 as mentioned right in front of the waterhole was fabulous and the viewing made leaving the deck impossible!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at Rhulani for 4 wonderful nights! On arrival at madikwe game reserve we were directed to Rhulani from the main gate by the polite guard. On our short drive ro Rhulani camp we were dissapointed to see a "borrow pit" in clear view of the entrance road with tractors and trucks excavating soil for the maintenance of the roads.. We quickly shut this out of our minds and on arrival at the lodge we were warmly greeted by the staff and management. The entrance to the lodge is great with sweeping views of the adjacent valley and fantastic deck area to view the lodge's waterhole! We were escorted to our room and were delighted to find a beautifully decorated and airy bungalow complete with morso stove, great bathroom and wooden deck with plunge pool. We nodded off and were woken by a heard of wildebeest grazing all around us. We then headed to the lodge for our first game drive where we were warmly greeted by our ranger Kenneth. While enjoying some high tea snacks and a beverage before our drive we gazed at the waterhole frequented by a variet of antelope and bird species. The game drive was unforgettable, we saw the resident pack of wild dogs kill two impala rams against the fence and glowingly returned to camp to a five star dining experience under the stars. The rest of our stay was filled with more delicous food, fantastic wildlife sightings and lots of merry banter with the rest of the guests. A special note must go to our ranger Kenneth who was incredibly knowledgeable of the fauna and flora of the Madikwe reserve. He cared expertly for his guests and had a fantastic sense of humour, making our stay memorable in every sense!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the waterhole if possible!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My experience of Rhulani was not only an “A” grade experience, but the excellent service, friendly and helpful staff and the awesome game drives made me feel as if I’m living in a fairy tale, the only thing is that the food at Rhulani was much more tastier and professionally presented then I had pictured in my Fairy tale.

We arrived at the lodge late Friday afternoon, where we were greeted and introduced to some of the staff... (Which was awesome….!!) I must say the smiles and the professionalism sparkled from the Rhulani staff…..especially the contagious smiles… you can’t help smiling back at the staff, it actually made you forget about everything and made you look forward to see what they have to offer you.

We were escorted to our rooms and I can’t say more than WOW!!!... The rooms were WOW!! It gave you the whole Bush veld feeling… but in a safe luxurious environment. The view from the rooms were immaculate, especially the view you have over the water hole, after seeing an elephant drinking water at the water hole… I couldn’t help myself standing time after time on the wooden deck outside, staring into the horizon looking for more animals….

As a person who grew up on a farm and a person who loves being outdoors…. I have a general veld and animal knowledge and obviously an eager learner, I have been to a few self-drive game farms as well as a few other lodges, but the experience I had with Rhulani’s rangers was out of this world.

It was one of the most knowledgeable game drives I have ever been on, and the game rangers actually track the animals through “spoor identification” which is something unique, out of all the years being to places and on game drives…… this was a first for me, must say… after a while when everybody got the hang of for what “spoor” we were looking for…. It got very interesting… everybody on the drive participated and I think through this we saw a lot more animals and learned a lot more than you would on other game drives.

The food was absolutely delicious, and I had the opportunity to meet the chef…. I had to compliment him on making a mean steak.

My whole experience at Rhulani was a lot better than my Fairy Tale I had in mind, all the Rhulani staff are very professional and always friendly, from the manager to the game rangers to the night guard who wakes you up with a smile early in the mornings, they made me feel like family…. But in Luxury and in the African Bushveld

I had the time of my life this weekend, and will certainly return
Thank you.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Rhulani is an unforgettable 5 star safari experience. I stayed here when I first moved to South Africa in July of 2011, and compared with other Safari lodges throughout the country Rhulani come out on top. The service is excellent-- wonderful rooms and common areas. I stayed in their "family lodge' that had 2 bedooms, a connecting living area, a plunge pool, and 2 bathrooms. This was perfect for a trip with my wife, one year old son, and my mother who was visiting us. The room was luxurious and had wood burning stoves (very nice during a SA winter) and beautiful decor. Even though this place was 5 stars, they offered babysitting services and a very nice sitter watched our son while we went on our game drives.

The game drives were excellent and our guide Cornelius was great. On the evening game drive the guide stops the vehicle midway through the drive and puts together a really nice happy-hour spread with snacks and sundowners. They did the same in the morning and offered us coffee and snacks. The guide was excellent and we saw so many animals in 2 days (4 of the big 5)-- many more than you can see in a self-drive game park.

Meals were good and the bar area was very nice. I can't wait until my next trip!

Room Tip: They offer individual lodges (each with it's own plunge pool) and a 2-BR family suite. The family suite is ideal for families and/or couples travelling together.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We were privileged enough to see the big five, wild dog and hyena, excellent and informative game rangers, most exquisite food and very welcoming hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2012