“Route 66 Find”
Review of Lake City Diner

Lake City Diner
Ranked #10 of 24 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American
Description: New owners. I was impressed. Not much good food in this town. Try 575-472-5253
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We were passing through Santa Rosa and this place was recommended by the host at our hotel. They are only open 3 days a week so we were lucky to grab the last table on a Friday night. The diner is in an old building on the square with charming decor and excellent food. I can recommend the chicken fried steak and green chili enchiladas. We will return.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and great service! The owner was an amazing host and told us a little about the building. It is an old bank converted into the restaurant. We had enchiladas and hamburgers which were so delicious. Thank you for the hospitality.

1  Thank Nora S
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on a road trip out east and it was just fine for what we needed. Limited menu but great salsa! Fast service and hot food. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I come through Santa Rosa fairly regularly and my family was thrilled to find this jewel on our travels this week. We walked in and I fell in love with the high tin ceilings, and the overall atmosphere - I asked the waitress for a recommendation and she suggested the chicken pot pie - I ordered it and it was better than good - it was the best chicken pot pie I have ever eaten in my life. My sister ordered a hand-breaded chicken fried steak, and it was fabulous, served with real mashed potatoes, that tasted like they had been made with rich cream and butter - plus a home made yeast roll. I am looking forward to my next trip to Santa Rosa - try this place - let's keep it in business because it is a real asset to the Santa Rosa community!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stopped at the restaurant because we always like to try local restaurants when we travel. We had been in the southwest part of the US for almost a week, and I was looking for something more home cooked. I had the chicken fried chicken and it was great! Fresh and home cooked food, it was such a great change. Now the salsa and chips are not to be missed! It's the best salsa I've had in a very long time. They also have the southwestern flair food it your interested in that. My husband had green chili sauce mixed with the gravy on his chicken fried chicken and said it was wonderful!