“Chile Rellenos”

Comet II Drive-In Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stopped by this restaurant October 12 and 13 while visiting the area with a friend. I ordered the chile rellenos plate which comes with one relleno but I added another for a modest upcharge. The plate was very generous and one relleno is probably sufficient for most appetites. At the end of the meal the waitress brought us a wonderful custardy flan type desert (which comes with all meals) called a natillal--na-tee-yal. It was delicious. I'd give them a 4 1/2 but don't seem to be able to do that.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Wanted some good mexican food so we stopped and got the enchiladas to go back to our hotel - food was excellent, and the service was prompt and very friendly - great choice.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Had dinner tonight at this unpretentious little local restaurant. It was outstanding! We both had a Chimichanga with green chili sauce. I had chicken and my husband beef. The food was plentiful, piping hot, tasty but not too hot for our Midwestern tastebuds. One of the best Mexican meals I've ever had. The service was friendly and helpful. Then, came these lovely little dishes of Natillas, a warm lovely Mexican custard style pudding. Wow, too bad were only here one night. May have to make a stop here on our way back east !!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Last time we came the food was outstanding this time the beans were dried out and the red chili had a Sour taste, the food was priced higher than we remembered, and our ticket wasn't itemized . but to get two sides and one meal and a piece of pie shouldn't have been as high as it was. the good thing about the visit was it's a great place ,clean, smells good ,and the pie was very good. always outstanding pie

1  Thank revDB
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I have been eating at The Comet since I was 3 years old. It is THE BEST Mexican Food you can have in New Mexico. I literally dream of Johnny's "Chimayo Style" Enchiladas. The salsa is to die for and you can buy a jar to take home with you.