“Upscale yet Replete with Taos Comfort and Charm”
Review of Martyrs Steakhouse

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Martyrs Lane
Description: Fine Dining Taos Style! We offer a wonderful selection of organic meats, locally grown salads, custom made desserts, and much more! Patio seating available. Large parties. Private party building. Catering. Dog Friendly Patio
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We were greeted by the general manager, who seemed to be juggling several things at once (we were a bit put off by her answering calls in the middle of greeting and seating us) but once seated we were generously taken care of by our server and other staff. I had asked and received confirmation to sit near the fireplace and while seated near the fireplace, were not in view of it - and it didn't matter anyway bc they apparently don't use the fireplace (disappointed). My wife had the lamb chops and I had the lobster bisque and the stuffed poblano chile. The lamb chops were perfect and exceptionally flavorful and the side vegetable was a bit "hard to chew" (purple kale?) The lobster bisque was delicious but the lobster bits were flavorless (i recommend anyway). The stuffed poblano was decadent, with its textures and flavors, and was accompanied by a saffron rice that was equally decadent. While i recommend the bisque and the poblano i would not have them together again (too rich). We had the tiramisu and it was what a tiramisu should be - rich, textured, and clearly flavored with the traditional chocolate, espresso, cream and liquor.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I come here at least once a year while on vacation. Food is always very good and the service is top notch as well. The entree my wife ordered was not available but we didn’t find out until we had already eaten the Calamari and Salads, both of which were good, so she just shared my Lobster Mac and Cheese, which was good but not as good as the last time I had it. It was very lite on the sauce. Overall, a good dinner and we will be back.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

This place deserves 6 stars. We had a birthday dinner there. Our server, Richard, is truly a professional. He appeared at the right time all night. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The The peppercorn sauce was delicious. The vegetables were cooked perfectly. And the dessert was amazing, a chocolate sculpture that was as delicious looking as it tasted.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Staying one night in Taos and wife and I were looking for fine dining within short walk of Taos Historic Inn. It was cold and snowing and crossing the street on foot was a challenge. Would do it again in a blizzard to eat here. Almost no one out that night and only two other couples were in restaurant. Excellent, delicious meal with outstanding attention. Elegant, cozy place for dinner.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I was in Taos over the Christmas holidays. We forgot to make reservations for Martyrs. We went on Christmas Day. The staff very accommodating and worked us in to eat. We both had the filet mignon , which was cooked to perfection. We also had a chocolate dessert (can’t remember the name) but it was awesome. Highly recommend this place.