“I’d Give it Six Stars!”

Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Eclectic Taste Of Mexico. Chef Antonio covers all the bases, deliciously. Everything on the menu is prepared fresh and made to order and the majority of the menu can be prepared gluten free. Because of the flavorful, full-bodied sauces, you will be pleasantly full at the end of your meal accompanied with a fun Margarita like a Jalapeno, Watermelon Margarita. Nothing else like Antonio's Restaurant in beautiful Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This small restaurant is top in quality! The food is absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. Be adventuresome and ask for their signature dishes. My Chile relleno en Nogada was so delicious I decided to try out their flan and it was the best I have ever had! The service was friendly, helpful and prompt. Even their restrooms are clean and spacious. Frankly, I had just dropped in because it was nearby but I will never again visit Taos without eating here again! If you approach Taos from the south make it your first stop to get your Taos visit off to a great start.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Make sure your GPS has the correct address cause our GPS was not up to date. We were there around 4 PM and were the only ones in the restaurant. Antonio was there and stopped by to greet us. The restaurant isn't very large so we were glad we were there prior to the dinner rush. There is outside dining but with the winds and the road work going on outside dining would not be a good option. I had the Chile Relleno en Nogada which is the signature dish. The brandy cream sauce was absolutely delicious. My hubby had a burrito which was huge. I am so glad I did not order the burrito based on the size. He enjoyed his burrito. For dessert we had the tres leches which was fantastic. The presentation of all the dishes was wonderful. The reason for the very good is the food was just warm. We like our food served a tad bit warmer. If the restaurant would have been busier I could have understand maybe the food not being delivered super fast. But we were the only people in there. We did enjoy the presentation, the quality and the flavors. We just wish the food would have been warmer. You couldn't really linger over your food. You had to eat it quick. We would recommend and would try again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Passed through Taos ( English couple ) and checked TripAdvisor ! Car par very quiet so I worried . But OMG , the best Margarita I’ve had , ever . Super enchiladas . My husband had a burrito supreme : terrific .
Lovely helpful young server and Antonio himself came to check that all was well . I absolutely recommend a visit if you pass through this area of New Mexico . Fab !!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a local favorite, for obvious reasons. Antonio is from the Veracruz region of Mexico and brings regional sensibilities to his food. We enjoyed seafood enchilada, tacos al pastor and stuffed chile relleno with mole sauce. Highly recommended....and parking is in front. This is a must go to restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband had the fish tacos and they were fantastic. I had the house specialty; the suace was to die for. The owner is the chef and is a friendly person. The waiter was excellent. It's a small place and it's the best Mexican food we've ever eaten.