“Great Stay”
Review of El Camino Lodge

El Camino Lodge
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to the staff, from the front desk to the house keeping. They were more than accommodating and went beyond their scope of duty. Clean room with fresh linens. Even though the hotel is undergoing major remodeling, nobody was inconvenienced. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Thank you for a wonderful stay, I can only highly recommend your hotel in this price range. Under the new ownership the hotel has really improved and it is noticeable

Room Tip: All North facing rooms have beautiful mountain views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 22 July 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It's nice to know that our hard work has not gone unnoticed. We have worked very hard on our customer service, as it is our top priority. Again, thank you for your review, it is so important to us as we rebuild and update our business.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Dirty sheets
No toilet paper
Trash on the floor
Used bar of soap in shower
Filthy ring around toilet (thought it was just a stained bowl but after several flushes it diminished a bit. probably nothing a scrub couldn't fix.)
Holes in the tub tiles (kept expecting bugs or snakes to come crawling out)
Didn't sleep well, slept in full clothes even tho it was hot, used my own pillow, kept waking up to be sure my face wasn't touching the sheets.
Breakfast was awful. Biggest problem I saw was all the house keepers helped themselves to all the food before paying guests. Hot water for tea was not hot or even warm. No syrup even tho we asked twice. Saw the house keepers get their share tho. Probably could have sent one of them to the store across the street for some. Bathrooms in lobby were locked.
One star because, according to my friend who has a hard time finding a comfortable bed said this one was ok. And the young man at the front desk was pleasant, not ultimately very helpful but a nice guy.
Wish I would have saved the money and slept in my car that night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

I have just read your review, and I have to say, I'm a bit surprised. Although, we are in the process of rebuilding and updating our establishment, we do have a first class staff. You somehow seem to have an issue with our housekeeping department. It is our policy that all of our employee's can utilize our breakfast area. If we were running out of something, they would be the first to have replaced it, and in fact, that's exactly what they did. It was a very busy weekend, so it goes without saying, that we would have to replenish the breakfast area. I do, however, appreciate you taking the time to write a review, we take them very seriously.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I came in as a last minute decision for the first time in a while and was very happy with my room and the accomodations. The pool and hot tub were great, breakfast in the lobby was set up early for us so we could leave in the early morning, and the staff was very friendly. I found out later that they have a new owner and after my stay I could see how much this place has improved!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 16 July 2017

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It is true, we have a new owner, who is working very hard to rebuild our reputation and restore this fine old hotel. It's exciting to know that our efforts are being appreciated. Again, thank you for your review, they are so important to us in our new endeavor.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My stay was pleasant with great service at the front desk and clean room. There was work being done on the building and landscaping in the front. It was obvious new management is working to improve the hotel. Can't wait to return to ski and see the improvements.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

I just read your review and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write it. It's so nice to know that all our hard work is, indeed, being noticed. As you mentioned, we have worked hard to improve our customer service at the front desk and elsewhere. We hope you do come back this winter and stay with us. Again, thank you for your review, it was truly appreciated.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

This is a poor quality hotel. It is very worn out and run down. The maids didn't supply fresh towels, there was no spare toilet paper roll, the tv was fuzzy and barely visible. The pool area is dismal, and the breakfast is sparse and presented poorly with no attention to keeping coffee coming or cleaning of eating areas. I could go on, but in summary, I rate this hotel at zero stars and there's plenty of reason why.

Room Tip: Do not book here; management needs to renovate and add service!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 July 2017

I've just read your review and it saddens me that you had such a bad experience here. I have to agree with you that it is, indeed, a worn out hotel. It was neglected for so many years that it is going to take us quite a while to bring it back to what it should be. As you may have noticed, we are working constantly on the renovation and apparently, you were in one of the older rooms. However, I would like to thank you for your review. Reviews they keep us in tune to what is going on, so we can rectify our shortcomings.