“Under rated on Trip Advisor”

La Cocina Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Recommended by Sierra Grande Lodge restaurant which was closed between lunch and dinner. Excellent outcome - great Southwestern Mexican cuisine and wonderful service. Very accommodating. Had the best pork burrito ever - pork was so wonderfully tender and flavorful - never thought to order pork but what a wonderful surprise - how did the chef make is that tender? Can I get the recipe! I live in NYC and wish they had a chef for Mexican cuisine like this in my neighborhood! Scott was our waiter made our stay special! Thank you!

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Try the stuffed sopapilla for sure. It's worthwhile. This is a great restaurant for people who care about food and are traveling through Truth or Consequences (which has few options). The food is good, there is a lot of variety offered, and you can grab a beer with your food. This restaurant is also right next to I-25 for people passing through.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here on our way home (Roswell nm) and had red beef enchiladas and they were very good. Just enough spice for us New Mexicans. Home made chips and salsa were great and huge sopapillas and honey. My kind of restaurant!

Monty B, Owner at La Cocina Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

All of us here at La Cocina Thank you for taking the time for your review.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

The only negative thing we can say about this restaurant was NOT their fault: sign on the door says "Closed on Wednesday." We found out the hard way! We returned for dinner on Thursday and were glad we did. Truth or Consequences has some smaller eateries, but the choice for larger, more commercial restaurants is not large, as in McD's and Denny's. Mexican foods are the specialty here. Seating was immediate, service was quick and attentive. The menu was long and all-inclusive. Our meals were prepared quickly and the dishes were served at a good eating temperature. Prices were low and the size of portions were large. We don't drink, so have no comment on the wine or other alcoholic drink lists.

2  Thank bataan433
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I always eat here when I go out. I am a huge fan of the steaks. The chili is made from scratch as well as everything else on the menu. La Cocina has been and always will be my favorite place to eat. The live music that has been added on the weekends makes the experience even better. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for wonderful food, service and atmosphere.