Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$60
Agoda.comUS$60
eDreamsUS$60
TripadvisorUS$60
All reviews front desk no elevator pool and hot tub great price chile sauce biscuits gravy decided to give it a try other hotels definitely stay here again room was clean hot breakfast nice breakfast road trip queen bed nights rest new mexico good nights sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

Left a review last night on Yelp... here’s the skinny: room small, smelly, and physical security lacking.

Actual hotel — they spent $ on beautifying exterior to good effect. But when we went to our upstairs room near pet exercise area, we found a huge mirror or window shattered and left on ground just beyond security entrance, next to the building! Sharp, pointed shards the size of my hand were lying there along with large chunks (3’x3’) of glass. Directly above, huge sheets of plywood were used to cover the hole where the glass had fallen (?) been removed (?) been broken (?)

The “security door” to the rooms at that end of hotel was damaged (appeared to have been vandalized) and seemed compromised. The handrail for stairs was rickety and loose.

And, for kickers, at some ungodly hour a loud alarm went off. I thought it was somebody’s alarm clock. Tried to ignore it, waiting for them to turn it off. When I finally went into hall to see, met other guests doing same. Alarm was coming from an adjacent room. It stopped just as I dialed front desk.

For $20 more I could have stayed at any top notch place in the area. Wish I had!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2021

I recently stayed at the Desert Inn in Tucumcari and upon entering the lobby I met the most amazing Front Desk person in all my stays in every motel. This lady spoke so clearly and precise (even though she was wearing a mask) and relayed instructions that you did not need repeated or clarified. She was kind and professional. She knows her job and is at the top of her game! She sent me a postcard thanking me for staying at the Desert Inn! Absolutely AMAZING. If I was a business owner I would definitely try to sway this young lady to work for me - she is that amazing! Please tell Twyla how amazing she is when you stop in for a stay at Desert Inn. I will stay at Desert Inn again just to see this young lady!! Congrats Twyla for being The Best of The Best! I appreciate you more than you will ever know!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 18 May 2021

Stayed here again on a Road Trip to the south west.

The room was clean as expected.

This is our "go too" place to stay in Tucumcari.

Always friendly, good beds, good showers.

No issues. McDonald's next door.

Room tip: Quiet and far enough away from the interstate that you do not hear it at night.
Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 16 April 2021

Very disappointed, the reviews made it sound much better than it is. Pictures on website are mis leading too. Small rooms, holes in the walls, very noisy, said they have breakfast, no they don't. Our room was like a room in the middle of a remodel. The bed was worn out. They probably have enough bright lights in the parking lot if that matters.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2021

The accommodations sounded acceptable online and we were tired from a long day of driving. This was also the only hotel with availability that was pet friendly and it was late. IMO the reservations lady gouged us charging us nearly 2x the online published price for the night. The room was old and crummy. Not clean. She should be ashamed - greed to the max. Keep driving I know I would have sleep better in the car. Also - no breakfast available due to COVID. Male front desk attendant was nice.

Room tip: Sorry no tips available
Date of stay: March 2021